1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oh my God. I just read something on Yahoo! Answers, and it made me sick.

Discussion in 'Discussions, Theories and Trial Ideas' started by marmaladechainsaw, Nov 16, 2010.

1. marmaladechainsaw

marmaladechainsaw (Micro Crab)

This boy answered a question about a year ago about a hermit crab's larger claw falling off. He said he cut his crab's claw OFF after pouring hot water over it because it pinched him. I want to hear some feedback on this...

2. hermanandhermynie

hermanandhermynie "First Molt In Progress"

Ugh I hate what I see written by creeps on Yahoo Answers. You don't even want to know what I hear happening to poor goldfish.

3. cocothecrab

cocothecrab (Small Crab)

r they serious or do they just like messing w/ people?

4. hermanandhermynie

Not sure but I know that there are a lot of disturbed minds out there.

5. marmaladechainsaw

I'm pretty sure they're serious. I can't tolerate ANY form of animal abuse, be it a puppy or a goldfish. :/

6. scoobdoo

scoobdoo "PM Jason For Custom Title"

I don't go to yahoo for anything, I had a yahoo e mail and I hated it, I had so many scam letters and nasty things come to me in my e mails.  I hate watching animal planet when it's its the animal cops shows, I just bawl. I get mad when someone won't slow down and swerve to avoid a squirrel if no one is coming from the other way. I was really mad when my husband had to shoot a oppossum at my sons house that got trapped, I know it had to be done. It tore their cat up and had over 100$ worth of surgery & stitches and kept coming up to the house looking for food, when they weren't feeding them out side any more and hadn't been for over 4 months, and when it got trapped, they were going to try and move the cage and turn him loose some where else like they did with the coons but he kept attacking the cage. So They had to shoot him.

7. Donny (TMNT)

Donny (TMNT) (Large Crab)

Well, in most cases, you don't just SHOOT an animal.
    But...TORE UP the CAT!!??!! You can't let something get away with that.
    I think putting it down was the right thing to do.
    I don't think its a good idea to "swerve out of the road" when you see a squrrel. Even when you can't see any cars, you put serious lives in danger when you do that.

8. marmaladechainsaw

Look, I'm a person that can't hardly kill a spider without feeling pretty bad about it. But I DO kill mosquitoes and flies, and such. I don't like it when people purposely run over snakes. It makes me sad when I see smashed butterflies and dragonflies stuck in a car's grill. If someone runs over a dog and they see it perfectly clearly... That is completely unforgivable. Unless there was a choice between a small child and dog, maybe I could get over it. It infuriates me to see cruel children swing things around until they're half dead. I chewed a boy's head off at a football game once for throwing a toad up and down and letting it smack the pavement. I was ready for a fight. Things that can't defend themselves DESERVE to be defended. They're minding their own business. [/rant] xD Sorry about that.

9. hermanandhermynie

Ughhh. That story just got me so upset. I would've punched the kid in the face. no joke.

10. scoobdoo

not quella deville swerve off the road Donnie!  :biglaugh: & ya the animal ripped a big gash in the cat, now sadly the cat is missing! This cat thinks she is a tiger and can take on anything, afraid this time she may of met her match. Been gone 3 days!

11. hermanandhermynie

Aww. Poor cat,they should probslly keep her inside if they find her

12. Donny (TMNT)

Its easy to make these decisions. See a bunny flying off across the street when it sees you? Just slow down, that's all. That'll give it enough time to sprint across. When it comes to snakes, it really depends ON the snake. If it doesn't have a rattle, that usually means its a good snake that eats the rattlers. If it DOES have a rattle, take serious precautions. If you find it in your cornfield, just take a rake, and throw it back over the fence.
    I believe its okay to actually kill the snake if its in you house, and it has a rattle. Its more important to save your family that it is to preserve the life of that snake.

13. scoobdoo

yes there are circumstances where things just have to be done to save a family and the animal becomes dangerous. Any more I think if you are going to own a cat you are better off to make it an inside cat, to many people out there that want hurt cats cause they roam and complain about them getting into things. Not to make the doggie people mad but I had a talk with my cousin cause she was complaining about the cats running around town and getting in garbage, using flower beds for litter boxes, ect.. I told her well what is the difference when a person walks their dog down the side walk and lets them poop in my yard? people that live just out side city limits that don't tie up their dogs and their dogs come to town and run loose tearing up the trash? heard to many people say anti freeze cocktail will cure them from roaming! plus if you are a responsiable pet owner and get all the shots, get them fixed, ect.. that costs money! Why would you want to just throw the animal out? They could get run over, or killed by an other animal like my sons cat Belle. They had prob 400$ wrapped up in her, with the spaying, shots, surgey, stitches, flea dips, foods ect.. she was about a yr old.

14. Donny (TMNT)

Its disturbing when people set their dogs loose. You can only do that If your yard has a good fence around it.

15. hermanandhermynie

I no. My aunt does that. they say sometimes she comes but sometimes she doesnt it depends. My dogs have a fence. Having a pet comes with responsiblitiy.

16. timebandit

timebandit (Large Crab)

One teaspoon of antifreeze will kill your dog or cat. They can not be cured.Unless vomoting is indused imediatley. Whoever told you that does not know anything about dogs.

17. scoobdoo

if you are referring to the antifreeze cock tail will cure them, yes I know and the cure them is in reference to killing them off, there fore the roaming is "cured"! That is why my cat is an inside cat and my dog was on a long leash and exercised. bunch of mean hateful people, but also on the other hand a lot of people who will not take responsibility for their pets

18. Donny (TMNT)

Sometimes when it comes to life you have to choose quickly.
    TRy to save your pets, your friends, and your family all in the same move.
    Unfortunately, sometimes that option doesn't roll our way. :(

19. imported_lovelylivelycrabs

imported_lovelylivelycrabs "First Molt, A Success"

*ugh* There are some trollers on those answer boards that just make me want to jump through the screen and deck them a good one. *grr* But there are also some people that are simply cruel. Those are the people who make this world like it is. --sigh--

But that's how the world works. There will always be people like that. There can be no good without bad, and no bad without good, so I guess it makes sense that if there are very very good people, there will be very very bad people. It makes me so sad to think of how people treat their family, loved ones, animals, and environment. I agree with the snake thing. People have a tendency to run snakes over for fun, and it gets me so upset.

The squirrel thing, however--- It's my view that one should slow down, and if it's a flat road where you can see far down the road and the road is completely empty but for you, then go around slowly. You should never under any circumstances swerve or stop suddenly, MOST ESPECIALLY on roads on a blind hill, a very busy road, an even slightly busy road, a blind curve, a wet, snowy, or icy road, or at night. My mom was driving us down to my granddad's house, and she swerved to avoid a squirrel and ended up in the ditch. My dad summed it up pretty well by saying, "Would you kill us all for a squirrel?!"

That's what I think of every time I see someone swerve to avoid a small animal. Granted, I would most definitely prefer to not hit it, but when you swerve you're not only putting yourself in danger, you're putting everybody else on the road in danger. Would you kill us all for a squirrel?

20. Donny (TMNT)

That AND you could end up squashing the squirrell anyway with a crazy move.