1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oct contest??

Discussion in 'HermitCrabs"R"Us Exclusive Contest - "A Boardwalk ' started by scoobdoo, Sep 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eljhdl

eljhdl "First Molt, A Success"

Aaawww! Thanks Hermies4ever.

He's a little guy so I am feeding him every 3 hours or so. He gets lots of bottles a day. He is doing very good though so I am thankful for that. Tired but thankful! :chuckle:

2. Hermies4Ever

Hermies4Ever Guest

:hilarious: So cute!

3. cocothecrab

cocothecrab (Small Crab)

OMG!!! :eek:mg: I had a baby squirrel when I was little. my dad rescued it because it fell from its nest and was bleeding. we kept it in a lil bin with towels and it survived! we feed it milk too and it grew up to be an amazing squirrel.

4. eljhdl

What a great story! I love a happy ending. :rainbow:

Isn't it a great experience to make such a difference in another living being's life?

5. vckums

vckums Moderator

Here's a few creatures we've come across.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. eljhdl

Oh!!!! Look at them!!! That's awesome! What can't Mother Nature do? :rainbow:

I have been lucky enough to have some great experiences working with all different types of animals. I am raising my kids with those experiences too. It's a wonderful thing.

Well the little squirrely boy is done with me as of this morning. He has decided he doesn't like me anymore and has started to try to bite. Since he has about 7 weeks or so till he can be released, I decided to call in a local wildlife rehabber. I don't have the means to set him up properly through the winter so this is best. It's actually a good thing that he isn't tame. He really belongs out with his squirrely friends. That's the best life for him.

7. vckums

vckums Moderator

The ones I don't care for are the flies, biting flies, HUGE crickets and grasshoppers. These bugs are on steroids or something, they are ginormous.

We've got wild rabbits but I haven't been able to take a picture yet of one. We've heard coyotes howl at night. Raccoons and birds a plenty. We've seen deer while driving along the backroads, oh and cows that haven gotten loose form their property!

We've only seen dead skunks on the road.

8. scoobdoo

scoobdoo "PM Jason For Custom Title"

are you sure you don't don't live in laharpe? we have deer in town that walk down main street, ran through the window at the bank { must of not liked their banking hours} we have foxes running all over and nest of them up in the old lumber yard 2 blocks from where I live on main street, racoons all over, we have a skunk some where that is around cause he leaves his mark once in awhile, now there is a couger out & been spotted and ripped the throat out of a goat! I think it was something else cause if it was a couger I think it would of drug it off.
    noticed the wooly catapiller, those freak me out! can't stand to have them on me, I freeze up!

9. eljhdl

I don't care for very many bugs and especially not BIG bugs! I like most caterpillars though. I am into butterflies so after a few years of raising them in the summer as a project for my kids and I, I have come to appreciate caterpillars.

I love cows!! I volunteer at a children's nature center/farm and we had a cow (amongst many other types of animals). She unfortunately got sick and the vets were not able to help her. I miss her. I never knew that cows were friendly! :vinkko:

10. Hermies4Ever

Hermies4Ever Guest

Hey, guys! The October Photo Contest is on! Haha! You best get snapping your pic.! :straw:

11. cocothecrab

cocothecrab (Small Crab)

'I HAVE lots of rabbits in my yard and we even found a dead one... so gross it was filled w/ maggots!
    and coyotes howl ever night almost and we have the cutest praire dog/ squirrel things that fill up their cheeks w/ bird grains.

12. eljhdl

Cocothecrab - prairie dogs were always my favorite attraction at the zoo when I was growing up! I don't know about the coyotes you and Vckums mentioned. Beautiful animal and love to listen to tapes of the howling. Do they stay their distance though? They have a pretty scary reputation.

13. scoobdoo

I've had a fox sit on my car while I was work!

14. vckums

vckums Moderator

I've never seen one, just heard them. Not sure how far their howls travel sound wise, but I am hoping FAR away.

15. eljhdl

Oh gosh Scoobydoo! Where on the car? Hood? Any idea why it was on your car in the first place?

Vckums - yes FAR away is good! :chuckle: But I would think they would be more scared of us than we are of them so its doubtful there would be a problem. Thank goodness!! And they have the most beautiful vocalizations(sp?)!

16. cocothecrab

cocothecrab (Small Crab)

I have they literally come up near the yard but the yard it's on this hill and there's a fence and then a rock wall that drops down on my yard so they can't get in but I saw three of them walking in the snow. it was an amazing sight.

17. Donny (TMNT)

Donny (TMNT) (Large Crab)

Not all dangerous animals are afraid of us though. The raccoon, for example, just looks at you and goes back to what he was doing before.

Note: do NOT mess with the coonskins unless you have a weapon on hand.

18. scoobdoo

so the tmnt still is around! thought you fell off the face of the earth!

19. Donny (TMNT)

Donny (TMNT) (Large Crab)

Yes sir! Or ma'am, really.

Haha! Don't think I didn't catch your post saying how you never thought you'd miss me on the forum! Its understandable, considering the opposing view points.
    Of course, I'm probably seriously misinterpreting your post. Please correct me if this is so.

20. scoobdoo

I asked hermie4ever not to long ago what happened to ya, hadn't seen ya on here for a long time, it was just like me , her & jellybean on here.. yes we all missed ya! :rockz:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.