1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oceanic Salt

Discussion in 'Foods, Treats & Home Recipes.' started by OneOnion, Jun 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OneOnion

OneOnion "Preparing For Third Molt"

When I mix the sea salt for making salt water, the salt grains never fully dissolve in the water. The salt just moves to the bottom. Is that supposed to happen?? Also it says to use a filter for it but I dont do that I just shake it up but the salt grains never dissolve! Also is pre-expanded Eco Earth in a bag okay to use?

2. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

Use hot/warm water and dissolve the salt- when its dissolved then fill the rest of the container with reg dechlor water.
    ex: I make it by the gallon so I fill up the gallon jug about a 1/4 way up with hot water and my dechlor drops--add salt- shake shake shake til dissolved then fill it up. No filter is needed

as for the EE I often make it ahead and keep it in a zippy bag-it has never molded on me and is ok

3. cococrisp

cococrisp "PM Jason For Custom Title"

I had the same problem so I just added a little water. Thanks, HERMEZ. I'll try that next time.;)

4. Laughs O Lot

Laughs O Lot (JUMBO CRAB)

My sea salt is already liquefied in the bottle.

5. cococrisp

cococrisp "PM Jason For Custom Title"

I use instant ocean. It's salt in a bag but you have to buy it in bulk; 5 gallons is the least I've seen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.