1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

oatmeal?

Discussion in 'Foods, Treats & Home Recipes.' started by twerp2289, Jul 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twerp2289

twerp2289 Hi, I'm New Here!

Can crabs eat oatmeal...just like the Quaker oats that you get in the cylinder shaped box? I was just looking for something to feed them (cuz I saw a thread that said that the Zoo-Med hermit crab food wasn't good to give them), and I'm giving them some watermelon, but I was just wondering if plain Quaker oats are ok.

2. Switchblade_Brigade

Switchblade_Brigade "First Molt, A Success"

I'm pretty sure it is (you better ask vckums though). And if you make the option like I did to make your own hermit crab food instead of giving them commercial food make sure it is a balanced diet. Watermelon and oatmeal alone is not very nutritious alone, so try out something like the recipe I have on my post called Ultimate Food which is very nutrient dense and I also made it to attract hermit crabs and mine go nuts over it!:D

3. HermitPaws

HermitPaws "Fourth Molt, A Success"

Try looking at the food list sticky in the food Forum it has a list of foods you can give them

4. HermitDude

HermitDude "Never Molted"

yes it is fine.

5. dancinhermielover

dancinhermielover (Micro Crab)

My hermies love it mixed with honey! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.