1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oak Leaves

Discussion in 'What's Cooking? - Not Poison!' started by susan9347, May 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. susan9347

susan9347 (Micro Crab)

Hello, I just wanted to warn everyone who feeds their crabs oak leaves. I do not feed mine oak leaves because they all have this disease (forget what it's called) and they are all slowly dying. This is happening in Canada for sure, but I am unsure of the United States. I saw this on tv on one of the nature channels. I am sure that it is not safe to feed them oak leaves then since they have a disease. I have already seen a few oak trees die in my neighbourhood because of this diease, so everyone becareful.

2. Crabbybeach

Crabbybeach (Medium Crab)

Ok thanks for the info. I don't feed mine oak leaves but I might have.

3. vckums

vckums Moderator

It would depend on if the tree is diseased. I feed mine from safe trees.

4. susan9347

susan9347 (Micro Crab)

You can't exactly tell in the begining stages of the disease though, that's the thing. I personally won't feed them oak leaves, don't trust it, but maybe i'm just too paranoid. :p Haha I do get worried about feeding them anything outside in the yard. I finally for the first time fed them danelions, but they don't even seem to like them anyways! :rolleyes:

5. Crabbybeach

Crabbybeach (Medium Crab)

Yeah true.:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.