1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nutri Sea Water - anyone used/seen it?!?

Discussion in 'Discussions, Theories and Trial Ideas' started by booksarah, Jun 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. booksarah

booksarah Guest

I stopped at the local exotic aquarium store yesterday looking for salt water mix and came across this Nutri Sea Water. Came premixed and has live nutrients and organisms.
    The guy at the store said I wouldn't have to use it all at once and the $12 for 2.5 gallons would keep for a month if kept cool (less than 80F) and dark.
    This was the first salt water bath my hermies have had since arriving, and the one loved it - he/she visibly changed when he/she realized what it was - and sat in it for a good 10 minutes. The other crab didn't dislike it, but only stayed a minute or two.
    Both are brand new and I believe are going through some PPS. They aren't eating as far as I can tell, but they do a lot of digging and rearranging at night (which is good right?!?)
    I've been feeding them banana, honey dew and coconut with a side of cat kibble or dog kibble or the food that came with them. I was trying to get a feel for what they like - but I think I should stick with the basics until the PPS is gone.
    :straw:

2. vckums

vckums Moderator

Does it say whats in it? I use a natrual sea water thats liquid from Petco.

3. booksarah

booksarah Guest

Label says:
    Natural LIVE Ocean Saltwater nutrient-enriched for your aquarium.
    Instant saltwater changes, no mixing required, Planktonic natural live marine bacteria - more than 11,000,000 bacteria per gallon, 100%natural live ocean saltwater. Fortified with QX-23 enrichment solution: Calcium, Iodine, Molybdenum, Stontium, Magnesium, Cobalt Potassium, Lithium, Aluminum, Vanadium, Chromium, Maganese, Nicke, Selenium, Silver, Cadium, Zinc, Thallium, Stannus & Antimony.
    Maintains proper pH by providing improved buffering capacity.

Don't know what most of that is - but my one crab really enjoyed it :spunky:

4. vckums

vckums Moderator

I'll have to read mine and see what it says. Im guessing it's pure sea water, so it's ok to use. If you use it in the tank, just keep an eye on the water bowl. I know Julia Crab had a problem once with the bacteria.

5. CrabbyChris22

CrabbyChris22 Hi, I'm New Here!

welcome to the Addiction, i don't believe i've had the chance to say that yet.

i have a question. you said it's their first salt water bath since you've had them. does that mean you don't keep salt water as well as fresh water in the tank with them? if not, you really need to; salt water is essential, just as much so as fresh. especially if you have Es, Straws or Indo's. regardless of what species you have, salt water is a tank staple, preferably deep enough for them to bathe themselves.

a lot of us here also don't bathe our crabs; we give them pools or bowls w/ water deep enough so they can do it when they want to. bathing can be pretty stressful on the crabs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.