1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NOVEMBER PHOTO CONTEST (from HCRU)

Discussion in 'HermitCrabs"R"Us Exclusive Contest - "A Boardwalk ' started by Mckenny, Nov 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mckenny

Mckenny "PM Jason For Custom Title"

November contest ~Entry Deadline is SATURDAY, 21st, MIDNIGHT~

Anything to do with this season goes. Crabs, tank (any size), as long as the pic has the Autumn/Fall colors in it. Props are allowed as long as they are "FALLish in nature, ex. pumpkins, gourds, leaves, etc. So get those thinking caps on...

Only one picture this time peeps...

RULES
    POST YOUR PICTURES HERE ON THIS THREAD
    A LIMIT OF THREE LINES DESCRIBING YOUR PICTURE
    NO CHATTER IN THIS THREAD---PICTURES AND DESCRIPTION ONLY...another thread will be set up for that

CONTEST ENDS NOVEMBER 21st, MIDNIGHT

A voting poll will be set up as soon as the contest ends---one vote per person...you will have 7 days to vote for your favorite PHOTO

The 1st Place PRIZE: An eggplant hidey/food dish. Plus a Sampler Pack.
    [​IMG]

The 2nd Place PRIZE: $5.00 Gift Certificate donated by HERMEZ to the Addiction Store.

REMEMBER...this is a Friendly contest. If you want to root for someone or brag on someone in particular, please, send them a PM (personal message)
    Be Courteous...comments as well as kudo's are welcome on another thread called CONTEST CHATTER that will be set up.

Photo Contest Rules

1. 1 picture per HCRU member
    2. Once a pic is entered, it can't be changed
    3. No duplicate IP's allowed. If you have a brother/sister/friend using your IP, then they can't enter or vote. If this happens you will be disqualifed.
    4. To not hurt another members feelings, please PM a moderator/admin with any concerns or questions about an entry.
    5.The winner for the month of the contest must sit out the next contest. (ex: If you win for October you can't enter November's contest) This will hopefully settle any disputes.
    6. Have fun, if not McKenny will be forced to ground you. You know you don't want that to happen!
    Last edited by vckums; 11-04-2009 at 10:54 PM.

2. Mckenny

I'm still working on transfering the pictures from the contest to here.

Hang in there...it's a BIG work in progress......phew...it's 3:20 a.m....going to bed...be back in a few. :bed:

3. Hermies4Ever

Hermies4Ever Guest

I am not trying to be mean, but why is there a "Second Place Prize"??? :slapfight: :slapfight: :slapfight:

4. Mckenny

You're not being mean at all...ask away. :sunny:

Hermez won the tank contest for last months' poll, and she decided to donate it to the winner of this months' contest for November. So we decided to have two winners for this month with the 2nd place winner getting the $5 gift certificate.

5. cococrisp

cococrisp "PM Jason For Custom Title"

What about all the pictures members have already posted on HCRU that are now gone? Like Poppy and hermiefun and 5 or 6 others. I have mine almost ready.

6. Mckenny

Check out my post "SOB...November Photo Contest" :sunny:

7. Hermies4Ever

Hermies4Ever Guest

But next month and the following months, there will only be a 1rst Place Prize, not a Second Place Prize, right???

8. OneOnion

OneOnion "Preparing For Third Molt"

Unless the winner of this month donates his prize again, then there'll probably only be 1 prize. Besides, with 2 prizes I have a better chance of winning! :muahaha:

9. Hermies4Ever

Hermies4Ever Guest

HERMEZ was one out of the two winners of last month's contest, and she was the only one out of the two winners of last month's contest to donate her prize. . .

I personally think that a 1rst and a 2nd place winner is more convenient, but that is just my oponion. . .

10. vckums

vckums Moderator

I don't mind having 2 winners if you all want that. Make a poll on it and see what the other members have to say.

11. Hermies4Ever

Hermies4Ever Guest

How do you make a poll???

12. OneOnion

OneOnion "Preparing For Third Molt"

13. willow555

willow555 (Large Crab)

I think 1st and 2nd places are great!

14. Hermies4Ever

Hermies4Ever Guest

I agree, if it is okay with Vckums, and she has enough prizes in stock, than yes, I would like to have a 1rst and a 2nd place prize for each monthly contest.

15. hermiefun

hermiefun "Preparing For Fourth Molt"

I think it should depend on how many people enter like if there is over 5 people then ok have 1st and 2nd prizes and if there is more than 10 have 1st,2nd and 3rd maybe. that sounds a little more fair to me.

16. willow555

willow555 (Large Crab)

I like that too, Hermiefun! But it would depend on Viki

17. hermiefun

hermiefun "Preparing For Fourth Molt"

i would like to think that i have a bit of a say as well as i donate alot of stuff for the prizes also. but i am just trying to be fair to everyone. :hula:

18. vckums

vckums Moderator

You definately get a say too Hermiefun! She's donated nets, food etc. HERMEZ has also donated a few items she's not wanted anymore to use as prizes as well.

We're pretty much saying the more people who enter, better chance of there being more then 1 prize. :dance:

19. cococrisp

cococrisp "PM Jason For Custom Title"

Hi
    This is my jumbo crab and I got him several months ago from a lady keeping him and 8 other smalls in a ten gallon tank. He recently molted with me and is now bright red. :hermez2: :spunky: He switched shells into a pretty round smooth one but he switched out before I took the picture. :sad5:
    There he is! :yes2:
    Thanks

[img width=400 height=300]http://i656.photobucket.com/albums/uu288/coco-crisp/HermitCrabsnov2009010.jpg?t=1258396023[/img]

20. willow555

willow555 (Large Crab)

He is big!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.