1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not totally new, but I never got around to this.

Discussion in 'The Welcome Rock' started by Markie, Jun 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Markie

Markie "Never Molted"

I've only made two posts, so I figured I should still do this.

My name is Markie, and I live in Louisiana. I got my first hermit crab, Audrey, April 13, 2008 at the Strawberry Festival. Needless to say, when I saw those little critters, I fell in love, so I somehow convinced my boyfriend to pay 20 dollars for one of those small carrier things and a hermit in a sadly painted shell. Fortunately, she changed out of it two days later after I did my share of surfing the web about hermit crabs and decided to create a nice crabitat out of my ten gallon tank.

Soon after, I purchased my first Ecuadorian, Peewee, from Exotic Pets. Then came Sheldon and Kat from PetSmart, and then Herbert from the same place as Peewee.

Before I got Sheldon and Kat, my boyfriend brought me an old 20 gallon tank. So we cleaned it out and made that the new crabitat. I almost constantly add things to it. I spend most of my money on the hermits.

I'm also an artistic person, and I'm really friendly. I also have a habit of making my stories almost endless (see above ;P).

I would love to meet other crabbers from Louisiana, because it seems that very few people around here know anything about hermit crabs.

Thanks for reading. :]]

2. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

Welcome we would love to see your crabbies and the tank. It is hard NOT to buy stuff for the tanks and its loads of fun too- I have 4 tanks running. I am glad you are in a 20G as you will need the room. Look at our gallery members post pics of their tanks and its a great way to get ideas. Glad to have you here :)

3. krackersmom2

krackersmom2 (Large Crab)

Howdy from S. Texas! Enjoy your new found addiction!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.