1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

not good....

Discussion in 'Caribbean Vacation - COL (Chirping Out Loud).' started by cursedkid, Mar 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cursedkid

cursedkid (Micro Crab)

i dont like this.... i heard that male fiddler crabs waves his big claw when hes looking for a mate, then they both go into a burrow for about 2 weeks, then she lays thousands of eggs, one of my crabs are starting to wave his claw, atleast they havent made burrows yet thats good, lol and my tanks so big they rarely see each other lol and shes my biggest fiddler lol

2. moire_eel

moire_eel "Second Molt, A Success"

So are you worried about the thousands of eggs? LOL. Big tank or no, I bet they'll find each other if they are in the mood! But they may require true ocean water for their young to survive -- I don't know that for a fact, but that would be my suspicion. The display must be neat to see -- my fiddler doesn't wave his claw, but then whenever I see him he's running for cover or frozen in fear.

3. cursedkid

cursedkid (Micro Crab)

yes, i heard that its hard and expensive to keep the larvae alive but im wondering if i just let them die would the adults just eat their bodies?

still have that blue devil? lol quite a trooper you got there

my set up is a third land, 2 thirds water, but i have aquaqrium drift wood(fake), turtle basking platform, and some type of sword plantsthey like basking platform alot

4. cursedkid

cursedkid (Micro Crab)

lol i got them from a store that kept them completely underwater, so i dont think they feel very safe on land cause they mostly just poke their eyes out of the water they used fresh for them so i dont think theyll last very longlol its like my female is the leader or something cause if a male gets to close she chases them off lol

5. cursedkid

cursedkid (Micro Crab)

btw i hope tetra brand bloodworms are ok, i thought it would be ok for them cause its ok for fish, herms and crays

well anyways, they liked them, they didnt touchmy hermit crab meal(said its for herms, fids, and caribs) and i filled up almost half way with bloodworms and its almost gone

6. moire_eel

Yep, bloodworms are good. They may like algae wafers, sinking "carnivore wafers" or bits of fresh veggie, too. Any fresh foods you put in, be sure to get out what isn't eaten in 24 hours or they could cause an ammonia spike in your water as they decay, which could be dangerous for the crabs. You can try feeding them on the dry side, if you are not already. My fiddler prefers to eat food in the water. Yep, I still have Mr. Blue Devil. Isn't that the mascot for Duke University? Maybe I should name him Duke. [​IMG]

7. cursedkid

cursedkid (Micro Crab)

ok, yeah i feed them in a little dish on dry side

8. cursedkid

cursedkid (Micro Crab)

when are you going to show your crabarium for your web?

9. cursedkid

cursedkid (Micro Crab)

i like my fiddlers but you have no idea what id do for a blue devil, radar or a carnival fiddler, , i just thought of a name for my fiddler that keeps waving his claw, quagmire(from family guy) cause he keeps trying to get "some" but cant get any lol

10. cursedkid

cursedkid (Micro Crab)

that waving is kind of annoying now

11. cursedkid

cursedkid (Micro Crab)

ok, i just got back from pet store and got 2 more fids and an albino frog, they said albinos are ok with fiddlers, but now that i think about it, pet stores dont know anything bout their pets, well if they dont kill it, what do i feed it?

12. moire_eel

Yeah, I am way behind on my updates! I have two new crayfish and two new bettas that aren't up there either. But I've had some deaths too ... my iguana, and the hermit crab I've had the longest. It bums me to think about having to make those updates.

I know nothing about frogs, but I am pretty sure they'd need fresh water.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.