1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Noob here :)

Discussion in 'The Welcome Rock' started by Kupcake, Feb 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kupcake

Kupcake Hi, I'm New Here!

Hello all!

My name is Alison and i have a zoo at my house! We have a cocatiel named Pea, two mutt dogs -Kody and Foxy, two cats -Willow and Kiko, and two rats -Kitty and Blue.

Unfortunatly our rats are pretty old (almost 4 years old) and they are moving closer to the rainbow bridge. We used to have three but our precious Chimp died about 4 months ago (she was also almost 4).

Now that we know the inevitable end is close i am considering what to do with their empty spot. And i think a more hands-off kind of pet will do nicely and hermit crabs are just so cute and interesting!

So i dont have any hermies yet, but i am doing my research to make sure they fit in our home (with our zoo) and that we know how to properly care for them when they do get here, the fewer the suprises the better (atleast scary ones:) )

Anyway, we are a military family, its me and my fiance, and we are planning a move to California at the end of this summer, so I probably wont be makeing any new additions to the family till after then.

I hope you all dont mind answering some simple questions i have and allow me to lurk on your forums learning untill i have my new herm-kids :D

2. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

HOWDY- I answered some of your posts- nice to have you here

3. Crabmier

Crabmier (Micro Crab)

Hello Kupcake (Alison). Welcome, and I'm sure you'll find hermies to be very fun and interesting pets... ask away!:D

4. haleye1997

haleye1997 (Small Crab)

hi hermies are the funniest little guys ever

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.