1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

newby needs info

Discussion in 'The Suggestion Box' started by sheri, Aug 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sheri

sheri Hi, I'm New Here!

what can i feed my crabs to make their shells turn red again from grey/blue..that is the color they were when we got them???i just want to add that i add oatmeal to their peach & sweet potato baby food to thicken it and there is no drag mess...also where can i order crabs from and have them delivered and all in 1 piece and not dead and all stressed out????

2. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

im not sure your serious............what do u mean about the shells. Shells should be natural unless you mean their exo? Proper terms will get you the right answers......
    please read all the stickies and the safe food list to learn what you need to know

3. WizKidsMom

WizKidsMom "Preparing For Third Molt"

If your hermies have a gray/blue coloring, that just maybe their species coloring. Not all hermies are a deep purple.
    If your hermies were red and they are looking gray - they could be getting ready for a molt.
    How long have you had them?

4. emmac350

emmac350 "Fourth Molt In Progress"

Yeah, Ecuadorian crabs are naturally a grayish color, and some of mine have reddish tones in there, while some have green or blue. It's dependent on what you feed them, really. Hermit crab diet is much more than commercial pellets. For more info on their diet, check out the http://epicurean-hermit.com or Hermit Crab Cuisine

Also, it is highly recommended that you don't order your crabs through the mail. The shipping process is highly stressful on crabs and they will drop limbs and even kill each other because of the stress. It is much better for the crabs if you buy them locally so they have as little time in transit as possible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.