1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

newbies in iso?

Discussion in 'Isolation (ISO).' started by ravingscissors, Oct 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ravingscissors

ravingscissors Hi, I'm New Here!

how long should i keep new crabs inthe iso before putting them in the main tank?this week i got 5 samller crabs and i have 2 larger and 1 samller in my main tank.i think now all the newbies have swapped shells at least one and move around all night and most of the day.in my main take the bigger guys are pretty quite.thanks for any input.michelle

2. vckums

vckums Moderator

When did you get the crabs? Reason is for ISOing new crabs is to make sure they aren't sick, injured or have mites. You don't want to put a crab with any of those in your main tank, or you risk the health of the other crabs.
    If you see no bugs, they are active, eating, limbs look normal I'd say 2 weeks, to be safe.

3. ravingscissors

ravingscissors Hi, I'm New Here!

i got the new guys on tues of this week.the 3 that all out look good,eatting and drinking.2 have buryed themselfs somewhere in the iso tank.they have been drinking a lot of water too.maybe they will moly and i wont be moving them for a while.lol.i also have noticed that one is missing one of his walking legs,i believe its his last one on the side with his big pincher.it doesnt seem to bother him,i noticed this when i got him home.thanks for the advice.michelle

4. crazy4crabs

crazy4crabs "Second Molt In Progress"

yeah id say 2 weeks minimum

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.