1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Rock' started by melcodena, Jan 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. melcodena

melcodena Hi, I'm New Here!

hey everyone! This is an awesome website! I just wanted to say "Hi". My name is Melanie and I have Hermie (who just molted last weekend yah) and I rescued Mr. Krabs yesterday from a pet store in town, just awful conditions! He has broken legs and a colored shell. I can't wait until he gets out of that awful shell. Anyhow, I'm fairly new to all of this. I've had Hermie for almost a year, but really didn't learn much about him until he molted last weekend and I searched on what to do for the little guy and I've decided to remodel and add some new Hermie's to the group. I've got Hermie and Mr. Krabs in two small critter containers until the crabitat is done. Hopefully, I can work on it today. When I get done, I will definitely post pics. Question for anyone who knows...How long should I keep my little Hermie separated from Mr. Krabs, since he molted last weekend? He's getting around okay now, but until yesterday, he hardly moved at all. I'd appreciate if you anyone could help out. Thanks alot!:)

2. msdiamonddawg

msdiamonddawg "Third Molt In Progress"

Hi and welcome!!! Mr. Krabs should be isolated for at least a month. The purpose is to make sure he doesn't have any type of parasite and because he came from such horrid conditions, it is recommend that you slowly raise the temperature/humidity over time so that you are not "shocking" him with pefect conditions. They can't seem to adjust that fast. Also, Mr. Krabs just needs time to destress. I don't advocate bathing, except for new crabs. You might want to give him a quick one.

Hope this helps! There are many knowledgable people on this site so feel free to ask any questions you may have!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.