1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

newbie here

Discussion in 'The Welcome Rock' started by momof2hermi_bashfull, Sep 12, 2008.

1. momof2hermi_bashfull

momof2hermi_bashfull "First Molt In Progress"

Hi, Just wanted to drop in and say hello, I have really enjoyed this site and hope I can do what is best for my 3 new additions to my family. Please welcome Hermie, Bashfull, and Crabby to the family.

A little about me, I am separated from my husband and have 1 son Tyler who is mild to moderate Autistic (leaning towards Aspengers.) He is my pride and joy and also the main reason I had gotten into crabbing he had wanted a pet for himself however; at this point its me taking care of the crabs. LOL he is 9 years old and will be 10 in February.

I had assorted medical problems and am currently fighting to get disability at least until I get my Bachelors degree in Accounting. Not sure which will come first at the moment as I go back to school in October to start my bachelors. I had recently graduated from Everest with my Associates Degree with honors of a 3.69 GPA. With having a learning disability as well I do take great pride in this also.

During the Christmas season, approximately a week prior to Thanksgiving until Christmas eve I am a elf for www.santasearch.org this is where people can find out different things about Christmas and how others celebrate the holiday. There are all kinds of neat stuff on the site for the young and for the young at heart. We receive approximately 7000 letters from people writing to santa and each of our elfs personally writes a response back. These are all personal responses, we do have templates but we also take pride to making each and every letter personal to the recipeint. Everything on this site is also free and if any one would like to volunteer some time we are always looking for new elves to help with the letters. I also am involved in working with Operation Santa Search, which actually starts quite a bit earlierĀ  somewhere towards the end of September to the beginning of October. Part of my responsibility with this to try to help other find resources, or help during these times by referring them to other organizations that can help with other problems and what not.

So outside of taking care of my furry friends 2 cats Chloe and Mini (mini is a siamese kitty), 1 dog Bouncer and our 3 new crabbies Bashfull, Hermie and Crabby. Taking care of my son Tyler and my boyfriend I am usually around online researching something. Usually looking and researching things about my variety of medical issues, and looking for drug interactions as I am on 23 different perscriptions that I take daily. Yes it is quite the rx cocktail. LMAO. Also when we get new additions to the family I enjoy researching about them and trying my best to take care of them to the best of my ability and offering as much of a natural environment that they would of had.

2. vckums

vckums Moderator

:madhouse: and enjoy the site!!! We love seeing pics of the crabs and tanks.

3. momof2hermi_bashfull

momof2hermi_bashfull "First Molt In Progress"

Will work on pics of the tat and of the crabs assume as I get of my lazy duff and unpack my other laptop case from when I went to Virgina three weeks ago, which has my digital camera in it. LOL. And when I can get decent pics of the crabs. LOL what can I say I am a bit lazy lately especially with my back and hip pain I do a lot of things slowly, and in moderation to avoid the numbness and weakness thing.

Over did it already today, as I got the rest of my stuff from you today that I had ordered and being a shorty I lifted the tat off of the dresser and put it on the bed so I could rearrange things and change their water and food. Looking in getting a 1 step or something so I don't have to continue to do things this way. Definately wasn't on of my brighter movement as I had a procedure done yesterday for my back and hips and with both arms from elbows to knuckles completely covered in bruises (have to admit it was a dumb blonde move. LOL But I had to take care of the critters, should of waited for b/f to come home hmmm, now thats a thought. FYI yeah I am quite stubborn and pig headed at times and do stupid things and wonder why later I am in so much pain. LOL

4. MAD

MAD "PM Jason For Custom Title"

Alright, looking foreward to the pics, andĀ  :madhouse: :madhouse: :madhouse: