1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

newbie from the philippines in need of help

Discussion in 'The Welcome Rock' started by Elli bear, Sep 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elli bear

Elli bear Hi, I'm New Here!

hi everyone i need some help i live in the philippines and i dont know anyone who can help me with my crabbing i have a few questions, i posted my questions on the general care page but i think it was not posted or it was just delayed im not sure :p

I started crabbing just 2 months ago and here are some of my question

1. Im not sure if im using aquarium gravel or crushed coral but my substrate has some small pieces of corals in it and some small smooth rock in it, the rock are as tiny as the letter o in this post, i know im suppose to use sand or EE but the sand in here is dirty sometimes it has small pices of glass and pieces of rusted metal (i cant go to the beach to go get sand its far from my place and i have my baby to take care of) EE is not availabe in here any advice? could i just grind it or something?any other substrate i can use?

2.I live in a tropical country do i still need to use a UTH?

3.Is it ok just to mist my crabitat once or twice a day to control both temp and humidity? cause i dont have a gauge for both plus i assume that its ok cause it hot and humid here

4.not all of my crabs dug to distress when i got them (maybe because of the substrate) is it ok?

2. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

I answered this in your other thread!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.