1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie crabby

Discussion in 'The Welcome Rock' started by noviceCrab, Apr 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. noviceCrab

noviceCrab Guest

Hi im new to the world of hermit crab, but i love them so much, they are wonderful and interesting creatures, i jus love watching them :hermez2:. i recently acquired 4 small ones :woohoo: but i am having truble getting a prober crabitat. at the present moment they are in a plastic container with the sand from the beach where i got them, i know that the plastic container is not ideal but its all i have at the moment :crybaby2: and i am working on the glass crabitat. there is sooo much i need to know about hermits :dontknow: and fast so i can better take care of them, can anyone help me out?

2. hermiefun

hermiefun "Preparing For Fourth Molt"

welcome to the wonderful world of hermies, the best thing you could do really is to read the posts on the forum there is a ton of info on here that will help. :flower:

3. noviceCrab

noviceCrab Guest

The sand in my crabitat is super fine, is that ok?
    it sticks to them when it is wet :dontknow:

4. noviceCrab

noviceCrab Guest

one of my hermies has retreated into its shell nd i dont know what is wrong, it wont come out. it was fine this morning but now i dont know whats wrong, is there cause for worry?? :crybaby2:

5. vckums

vckums Moderator

Welcome to the site!

Sometimes they tuck themselves in, may not be anything to worry about.

6. noviceCrab

noviceCrab Guest

My hermie that retreated to its shell, died or was killed by one of its smaller tank mate :crybaby2: . I came home only to find my hermie torn to bits and one of the small one wearing its shell :crybaby2: , maybe it was sick and already dieing, but whatever the case, he's gone now :sad5: .

R.I.P Jade ......

:sad5: :crybaby2:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.