1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new to this forum

Discussion in 'The Welcome Rock' started by crabaddict145, Oct 8, 2012.

1. crabaddict145

crabaddict145 Hi, I'm New Here!

Hi there! I'm new to this forum but not that new to crabbing. My three Ecuadorian hermit crabs have been with me for about seven months. They're a ton of fun!

Below is my website. I'm trying to get it out there.
    http://hermies101.weebly.com

2. Klabelle

Klabelle "Second Molt In Progress"

welcome :]

3. Mckenny

Mckenny "PM Jason For Custom Title"

Glad you're here! Check us out---lot's of good info and friendly crabbers. What kind of set up do you have for your E's?

4. crabaddict145

crabaddict145 Hi, I'm New Here!

About my setup:

I've got a ten gallon, which I know is a little squished for Es, but I didn't know they were Es until LOOOONG after I got them. I'm looking to upgrade, but I need to convince my family that it's a good idea. They're not big on crabs.

Anyways, in the tank, I have six/seven inches of EE on one side and sand on the other. The decor changes often as they get bored quickly. At the moment, I've got a 12 inch cholla branch and a climbing background. The cholla leads up to a shower caddy shell shop.

The crabs have salt and fresh water (dechlor, IO salt for the salt water) and get 5 or 6 foods from the Addiction every night.

Humdity 80%, Temp: 80* - 84*

And, just to put it out there, I have one teeny crab, one small and one medium. Each has been through at least two sucessful molts with me. I have had them since I started crabbing 7 months ago.

5. sirenequidanse

sirenequidanse (Micro Crab)

awesome site, I agree with you on the myths. I have 3 pp's. hoping to get some EE's to get my crabitat rocking and rolling!Welcome.:welcome::banana::sSig_Kewlpics::crab1: