1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New to site, and new to Hermit crabs... help!

Discussion in 'Emergency Care - 911.' started by JPdawn, Aug 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. msdiamonddawg

msdiamonddawg "Third Molt In Progress"

:D Buy it, they'll love you for it!

2. Hildegarde

Hildegarde "Preparing For Third Molt"

If we're talking about the same thing, the food in question is organic worm castings. Worm Poop. I know you can get it at the Crabbage Patch and I believe it's Tammy's own recipe. It's called Hermit Crab Soil Supplement, which I guess is the pc phrase for poop!

It's full of nutrients and my finicky little ones love it. Since I worry that they're getting all the nutrients they need, I always keep a shell of the worm poop in the tank and another with a mixture of cuttlebone, egg shells and pulverized oyster shells so their little bones will grow happy and healthy.

3. vckums

vckums Moderator

Yup I sell worm castings. I just got a new vendor and there's hardly any sand in it. I liek it alot better now and it was gone within a day when I put it in the tank.
    And yes, people who bought it do call it crabby crack LOL

4. alli'smommy

alli'smommy "Preparing For Third Molt"

I ordered shells from The Crabbage Patch and they sent me a big ol' sample bag of worm castings for free!! My crabbies LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!!!!!!

I was so excited when I saw that they had included that in my order!!

5. Hildegarde

Hildegarde "Preparing For Third Molt"

No Mallie, It's worm casings, which is the gentile way of saying it's worm poop. It's finely granular in texture and everyone who has referred to it says their crabs just love it. You can get it from several different on line sites from members of other forums and from 'sister sites' that are linked to other forums.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.