1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New to hermits

Discussion in 'The Welcome Rock' started by santaclaws, Sep 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. santaclaws

santaclaws Hi, I'm New Here!

Hi my names Pat and I am new to crabs and this forum I have 6 crabs not sure what kind yet as 3 have been buried for 3 weeks just got 2 new ones today. I live in Ontario Canada. I just have a quick question how long should I wait to clean the tank with 3 buried I don't want to disturb them but I'm worried about the sand and coco fiber getting to dirty. Thanks so much.

2. santaclaws

Well guess I don't have to worry when I put the new guys in everyone came up last night and started following the big guys around now they are all sleeping together in a log. I stayed up half the night watching them. Oh buy the way I also have cichlids and crayfish if anyone needs help.:D

3. WizKidsMom

WizKidsMom "Preparing For Third Molt"

Welcome ! Coco fiber does not need to be replaced often. I do a deep clean about 6 months +. And I save about a third of the old substrate and mix it with the new.

You can do a surface clean once a week or more if needed, picking up food that got dragged around, etc.

Sorry I didn't answer you sooner. School started up and being a teacher means bringing home papers to grade.

4. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

5. santaclaws

Not A problem thanks for the advice:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.