1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New tank & volcano pictures

Discussion in 'The HCRU Family Photo Album - Say Cheese.' started by BL00DYMARY, May 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BL00DYMARY

BL00DYMARY "First Molt, A Success"

2. BL00DYMARY

Volcano:
    [​IMG]

3. BL00DYMARY

Waterfall:
    [​IMG]

4. BL00DYMARY

The tank is a 40 gallon breeder. It's lower and wider than most fish tanks. These pictures make it look a little crowded, but it is a little more than 18 inches deep, and I wanted to use a lot of plantings.. They are loving all the room.. (I just moved my guys out of a 10 gallon). Most of them are in the volcano right now, but by 9-10pm the tank just comes alive! They are really enjoying the waterfall, as soon as I put it in yesterday everyone of them had to come over and inspect it.. One note about the waterfall is that the base (and the water reservoir in the back where the pump is) is pretty deep. I had to put a few stones in the pools & a vine so that my little ones would not get stuck in any deep parts

5. Felicity Loves Animals

Felicity Loves Animals (Small Crab)

I LOVE that waterfall!!!
    Just curious, where'd you get it and how much??? I'm not getting one because it's too huge for my tank[​IMG].

6. moire_eel

moire_eel "Second Molt, A Success"

Wow, what a nice setup! Very lush and inviting. Hm... maybe when I re-do my tank I should add a volcano.

I have the turtle bridge like yours, and my crabs love it. They dig under it and it's covered with sand from being walked on. [​IMG]

7. BL00DYMARY

I got the waterfall herefor 29.99, they do sell smaller ones if you shop around. It's nice because I was able to get rid of my freshwater pool. They really love it too.

8. happy_crabbies

happy_crabbies (Micro Crab)

very nice set up! I agree with moire_eel...it does look very inviting.....
    a "crabbie paradise" [​IMG]

9. BL00DYMARY

It's great, I love the sound of trickling water. They must too because they were immediately attracted to it.. & no more fresh water pool, I just have that and a pool for salt water.

10. Pharmoc

Pharmoc (Micro Crab)

wow , your tank is really stunning , i was thinking about gettin a small waterfall to put into my tank and seeing yours has just made my mind up im definatley going to get one.
    If i were a crab your tat would be like paradise .
    my tank is slowly getting there but im thinking about adding earth as i see alot of you have done so i might corner a section off and make it deeper.

11. moire_eel

moire_eel "Second Molt, A Success"

Ideally your substrate would be at least twice as deep as your largest crab, and even a bit deeper than that is even better.

I have the same volcano and waterfall (lol, great minds think alike) and the waterfall is by far the most popular of the two. The crabs actually liked the volcano better after I took out the ultrasonic mister -- there were a couple who loved sleeping in the reservoir after it was empty. But lately the volcano has been a bit ignored, so I took it out for a bit. They can re-discover it in a few months. Warning, crabitat-decorating is addictive. You'll find yourself browsing craft stores with a gleam in your eye, tracking down the next fab thing that will make your crabitat just perfect ... [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.