1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEW question..??

Discussion in 'The Suggestion Box' started by Chris30507, Jan 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris30507

Chris30507 "Never Molted"

boy... ain't I just FULL of it... Questions I mean... hehehehe
    I sent a question via the 'contact us' deal a few days ago,.. never got a reply... figured maybe I would have better luck here..??

I have my account set up and want to get the 'instant emails' if someone post to a thread I have posted to.
    I checked my email address... thats correct,... looked at everything elses in my profile,.. yep, thats all correct also. Made sure I check the "instant email' box on the post...
    SO I don't know why I don't get any emails when anyone post to the thread I am interested in...

Does that just not work, and it's common knowledge to all you regulars, but since I am new here I just don't know it...??
    DO others of you have the same problem..??

TIA for any info

2. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

it should work because I used to get notifications then i opted not to get them and they stopped.........I know this may be dumb but you hit "save" options when you were done? Jason has since changed website people maybe its a glitch- if you PM jason he can help we have limited abilities..........he just had a baby so he has been busy :)

3. Chris30507

hey.. I always say no such things as a 'dumb' question...
    I did save it... that was my first thought also. I went back to check and it shows all is correct after I changed it in my profile.
    I'll have to check with Jason.
    Congrats to the new daddy

4. Jason

Jason Moderator

So you never got my reply.....I guess I should not be that surprised. Certain ISP's are rejecting our emails due to the fact that our new server does not have a rDNS entry. Basically when the email arrives at your ISP they do a reverse DNS to see if the email is comming from a valid website and not from a spammer. Due to the fact that we currently do not have the rDNS, our emails are filtered out as spam. I have been after our host to correct the problem, but they have been taking their sweet time about it, and it is not something I can correct on our end. Hopefully they will fix the problem soon and the emails will start flooding...well hopefully trickling in. Sorry about not following up on my reply. I should have assumed you would not receive my reply, but being a little (a lot ) short on sleep, the little things seem to be slipping by me.

Thanks for the Congrats, it is a HUGE change.

Jason

5. Chris30507

thats for the reply...
    I do web sites myself... I understand when it comes up to the 'server' to do something. Your hands are kinda tied.
    good luck with the little one

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.