1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new pics of the tank

Discussion in 'The HCRU Family Photo Album - Say Cheese.' started by List Of Demands, Jan 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. List Of Demands

List Of Demands "First Molt In Progress"

2. krackersmom2

krackersmom2 (Large Crab)

Love all the substrate! I do think those water dishes are way too deep for anything but a jumbo crab. I would get the smaller square "sandwich" style plastic dishes. Even if a smaller crab makes it onto the sponge, it appears to be floating and will turn over with them. Also, the distance from the sponge to the top of the dish is quite high. Maybe some others with jumbo crabs can tell you what their soluton is ....perhaps a vine going down into the dish? Other than that, your tank looks great!

3. List Of Demands

List Of Demands "First Molt In Progress"

the sponges seem to sink and float whenever they feel the need haha. I was planning on getting strawberries, and petco only carries the large ones, though idk right now when i'm getting them i've just been trying to get everything settled and such right now. I've never seen any of my crabs actually get in the water bowls, even shallow ones, they always hang onto the edge, but my mom was like 'WHAT ARE YOU DOING THEY'RE GOING TO DROWN' a vine could help, I can't get anything else this week though, so I'll see how they do the next week or so and figure it out or wait for someone to tell me they're solution. Thanks though!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.