1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New mom to hermies- Have some questions

Discussion in 'The Welcome Rock' started by liagiba, Dec 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. liagiba

liagiba "First Molt In Progress"

Hello! I started 4 months ago with 2 hermies; Cookie and Dorothy. They were in a 10g aquarium. I got a 30g about 7 days ago and 5 more hermies. I already had the experience of my first molt! Dorothy molted about 2 weeks ago and is doing great. Cookie has been under for 5 days. The other hermies are still in the ISO. My questions might sound silly :idunno: here it goes, for the new tank, I would like to have a bubble pool. Everybody talks about it, but I dont know exactly what to BUY AND HOW TO SET IT UP. Second questions, my hermies are medium size, all of them. How deep should the pool be? Should it be a bubble salt water or a bubble fresh water? All my hermies are Purple pinchers, I think. I use a mix of sand, salt water, and cocohusk for substrate.
    Thanks for your answers, I've learn so much from all the past posts, I wish I have found you back in September when I got my first 2 hermies.

2. Mckenny

Mckenny "PM Jason For Custom Title"

Hi there, :welcome:. Believe me, there are no silly questions, so please feel free to ask away.
    If you go to the top of the page and click on "HELP", then type in "bubble pools", it will take you to a section where members have posted about them.
    There you will find info and pictures, just keep reading...you'll get some good ideas. If you still have questions, we'll be glad to help. :flower:

3. liagiba

:thanks: Jellybean. I did and I found one that kind of answers my question. So, I need an air pump and a tube. Should I do a salt water or fresh water bubble pool?? Thanks again, I clicked on your "eggs" so hopefully your "dragons" will come thru!! I love my hermies, I am definitely obsessed and addicted, and I just want to keep adding to the tank. Thanks again, you are very nice

4. vckums

vckums Moderator

:welcome: Hope you enjoy the site!

5. Laughs O Lot

Laughs O Lot (JUMBO CRAB)

Welcome! :madhouse: Thanks for asking, because I was wondering the same questions! :)

6. liagiba

:twirl: to all, I feel very welcome. Mrs. Vicky: I ordered a hem net from you and was very pleased with it, very neat and carefully done. I also want to say thanks for how fast it was delivered, and for all the treats for my babies. Very pleased with the purcharse.

7. Laughs O Lot

Laughs O Lot (JUMBO CRAB)

I love your hermit crabs' names! :)

8. vckums

vckums Moderator

Glad you liked it! Thanks for the kind words :flower:

9. cococrisp

cococrisp "PM Jason For Custom Title"

Welcome to HCA! Vicki's stuff always comes soo fast for me too! You can buy an air pump for just $8 with stone at my local pet store. You can also buy these filters at walmart that can go in just two inches of water! Make the water just deep enough so you largest crab can submerge but make sure they can climb out too.

Good Luck!

10. liagiba

I did it! I decorated my 30 gal and added the salt water bubble pool!! I got an air pump for $10, super quiet kind, and the bubble rocks were .99 cents, it was easy. It's my first official tank, since the first one was a 10 gal that I am keeping as an ISO. As soon as I figure out how to add pics to my msg, I will post them in the say cheese section, I am just having a hard time figuring out how to do it. My crabies have been roaming around already, they haven't climb yet, but I am ordering choya from Mrs. Vicky to add to my tank! I am super excited and happy, definitely addicted!

11. cococrisp

cococrisp "PM Jason For Custom Title"

Cool! You can also find cholla logs at micheals. To get a pic, you can upload it onto a photo bucket. THen, copy and paste the IMG code into your post and it should work!

12. liagiba

:twirl: for the cholla tip, I will keep it in mind. I was also able to do the photobucket. Thanks a million!

13. Mckenny

Mckenny "PM Jason For Custom Title"

Thanks so much for clicking my dragon eggs!! :rockz:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.