1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Hermie Owner

Discussion in 'The Welcome Rock' started by luvmyhermies6, Oct 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luvmyhermies6

luvmyhermies6 Hi, I'm New Here!

Hi all. I've been lurking around here all day and have finally gotten a chance to introduce myself. My name is Jolene and I live in Pennsylvania with my 9 kids, well 10 if you count the old man. Shania, Michael and Alex are my skin kids and Digger, Rerun, Superman, Cali, Rocky and Captain Jack are my hermies.

I wasn't too enthused when Tracy, my "significant other", suggested buying hermit crabs at the beach this year for the kids. I (reluctantly) caved and allowed the purchasing of 1 crab per child. We named them Digger, Rerun and Maddie. Not really thinking of the possibility of getting pinched, I decided to hold Digger. Boy, he really has a powerful pinch. Needless to say I was not a happy camper. That was at the end of July. Sometime between then and now, I've become a huge hermie lover. These little buggers grow on you. I've lost 3 hermies. ~R.I.P.~ Maddie, Holly, and Texas. We just went through a successful molting with our little Rerun. I didn't know much about crabs at that time and I was frightened out of my skull when I looked in my crabitat that day and seen a "crab" laying there. It took us about 10 minutes to figure out what happened, because we didn't see the little guy all the way in his shell right away. So now, I have another one molting. Digger, now I've got to say, even though he was the first and only crab (so far) to pinch me, he is my favorite. He is really a she, but we didn't know "he" was a she until 2 days ago. So I'm really hoping we experience another successful molt.

I'm so excited to finally be back on the internet again and find this site. I thought we were weired people taking care of our crabs the way we do. I was very surprised when I talked to some friends and a petstore and found out they do not mist their crabs. My crabs are all very friendly and they do not pinch. So I know my crabbies are happy. But I feel so bad for all the little crabbies that are not being taken care of properly in the petstores. I just may open my own business and offer to go into the local petstores and take care of the little guys myself. :D

Good-night!!

Jolene

2. Lilmarcher22

Lilmarcher22 "Never Molted"

Hello!
    I'm also a new hermit crab owner i have 2 and i and wondering how to post my own post thingy????:confused:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.