1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Here ^-^

Discussion in 'The Welcome Rock' started by littlewolfpaw, Dec 19, 2010.

1. littlewolfpaw

littlewolfpaw "Never Molted"

Hello, im new here and new to hermit crabs ^-^ Iv had them for almost a week now and things seem to be going ok  :hermzpoo: I plan on having them move into natural shells instead of painted, thats the way I bought them. Heres some pics of them  :wub:

This is Pacific
    [img=400x300]http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/351/8/1/the_hermit_by_littlewolfpaw-d352v3b.jpg[/img]

And this is Atlantic
    [img=400x300]http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2010/353/9/7/hermit_2_by_littlewolfpaw-d358321.jpg[/img]

2. timebandit

timebandit (Large Crab)

Its good to have you. Try to give your newbies a little quiet time for a few weeks. Give them space. Don't handle very much for a few weeks.
    Just remember that those little guys were taked right out of the wild a couple of weeks ago so they are really stressed right now. They need time to destress. Let them bury in the sub. if they want.

3. littlewolfpaw

One of them has acually done just that, for the past two days it went into its cave and  dug into the sand, making a wall of sand in front of the entrance. I havent seen him out since. The other one is extremely active. I did give them a quick bath the day after I brougt them home to clean out any ickys they got from the way to crowded habitat at the pet store but other then that they get left alone. Im a little worried about the one thats bug into the cave though

4. Mini.Mrs.Crabs

Mini.Mrs.Crabs "Preparing For Second Molt"

Welcome to the site :)

You're hermies are adorable, and yes, they're highly addictive. Started with 2 and over the past two years, I slowly went up to 20!  :eek:ops2:

I wouldn't worry too much about your crab that dug down...I had a crab that did just that, dug down the first day I brought him home and I only saw him come up after 3 months!

5. littlewolfpaw

Wow, three months!  :sad5: I hope mine warms up to his new home after awhile. Im definatly planning on getting more im sure after i have room to set up a bigger tank. Its nice to have something other then fish lol

6. CrabAddict

CrabAddict Moderator

:welcome: Sweet crabs, cute names.

7. Mckenny

Mckenny "PM Jason For Custom Title"

Welcome---We're glad to have you join our "Crabby Family"!  :vinkko:

Such Pretty crabs. 

8. littlewolfpaw

Thank you everyone  :shmama:

9. vckums

vckums Moderator

:welcome: Hope you enjoy the site! The crabs are cuties!