1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Hemit Crab

Discussion in 'Species Identification - Identify Your Hermit Crab' started by OneOnion, May 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cococrisp

cococrisp "PM Jason For Custom Title"

Make sure your temp and humidity are especially good and that the sand is deep enough. It's most important when they molt.Make sure she has access to calcium in case of a surface molt.

2. OneOnion

OneOnion "Preparing For Third Molt"

The temp and humidity are okay, and the sand is about 4 in. thick or more. I just fed her peanut butter and Storm LOVED it. She was eating for hours. So I'll give her some more peanut butter or something else with calcium.

3. cococrisp

Great! From what you said before I was a little worried about her.:eek:

4. OneOnion

To tell you the truth, I was getting worried about Storm too until today I saw her come out and eat some more peanut butter and honey. But there are no cloudy eyes and I never see her drinking a lot. She walks around in the water bowl, but it doesn't look like she's drinking. So maybe the molt isn't coming just yet.

5. cococrisp

I'm glad she's doing well. They put their claw to their mouth when they drink. A lot of the time they do everything at night and when you wake up you're like. My crab moved an inch! WHen really they moved everywhere and ended up there. Maybe he's really actuive at night. Do you hear his shell bump the glass? I hear it all the time and it sometimes gets annoying.

6. OneOnion

The tank's not in my bedroom so I don't hear them at night. I see her eating in the evening and then she goes back into her spot but maybe she comes out again at around midnight to drink like you saiod.

7. cococrisp

Oh. My I have mine in my room so I can see at night and wtch them and because it's the onluy place that's not FREEZING at night.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.