1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New food I found a must try for everyone...

Discussion in 'Foods, Treats & Home Recipes.' started by chermo, Jan 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chermo

chermo "Second Molt In Progress"

Ok so today I was at Petsmart and getting a background for my tank and went to the freezer section by the fist dept and got a 30 cube of Brine Shrimp and Spirulina Algae. It has Crude Protein 4.0%, Crude Fat .4%, Crude Fiber .4% and Mositure 92%. Now I put it in the tank and as soon as it defrosted Kermi must have smelled it and went running to the food dish. She has been eatting for the last 15 minutes and is still by the dish when I came down to tell everyone about it. I have never seen her eat so much. Orangy and Soupy are under ground for now but I am sure when they come up tonight they will smell it and eat it like crazy too. I am sure it will be gone by the morning. I wanted to let everyone know. It was $4.50 for 30 cubes and if you have 4 or less crabs you can probably cut a cube in 1/2 and make 60 cubes. I am very excited to see Kermi eatting so much. The last time she has ate that fast and much was when I first brought her home probably because she was starving.

2. NotaMallard

NotaMallard "First Molt, A Success"

I just bought that a few days ago! My only crab that isn't molting loved it.

3. chermo

Since Kermi liked it so much I am going to get a different kind when I go, I was thinking blood worms. I know Soupy ate some too because she was by the food dish this morning. I feed at night and never remove the food but once a day at dinner time. It was a little dried up but I still saw her eatting some. I am betting 1/2 the cube is gone. I am going to cut the cubes in 1/2 so they last longer and just put them in a container instead of those cube packages. Besides I can freeze the baby food and applesauce in those containers.

4. chermo

Well today I bought the blood worms, how gross to have mosquito larve in my freezer but if the crabs like it then it is worth the grossness. I will let everyone know if I notice anyone eatting it or if it has been eaten when I am sleeping.

5. Dezzi

Dezzi "First Molt In Progress"

I must try that! I need to get some spirulina for my crabs anyway, and that sounds like a yummy "hermie" feast~! Thanks so much for passing that along :D

6. Stephen2342

Stephen2342 "Preparing For First Molt"

I'll try that! Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.