1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Crayfish!

Discussion in 'Caribbean Vacation - COL (Chirping Out Loud).' started by moire_eel, Jan 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moire_eel

moire_eel "Second Molt, A Success"

I got a new crayfish today! He's a Cherax Zebra, which are found in Papua New Guinea. (He was probably born on a crayfish farm, though). They're still unusual in the pet trade, so was lucky to find him. He's a bit beat up, either because the LFS put him in with cichlids (a big no-no) or because before that they put all the Zebras they got in together, which is also bad. Not that they seemed concerned when I told them. [​IMG]

When I asked around on the crayfish forum about what they are like as pets, I was told they are shy and hide a lot -- not great pets, in other words. But I like this guy's style! He was taking on those cichlids even though there were like 20 of them, all bigger than him.

I'm naming him Zeus. [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Isn't he cuuuuute? [​IMG]

2. pineapplemama

pineapplemama (Small Crab)

Too cool Moire! I love those pinchers...the white with that beautiful blue...

He doesn't look particularly stripey? Why do they call them zebras? Or is it one of those black and white and red all over things?

I got the Hermit Cert Test...I went through the first time with no resources and realized there's plenty I don't have memorized...but you are allowed all the time and materials you want so I'm gonna do my homework...I plan on acing it!

Congrats again on the new Cutie...I think Zeus is a fabulous name too!

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.