1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new crabs!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Rock' started by rohawkj, Jan 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rohawkj

rohawkj "Never Molted"

so my girlfriend brought two hermit crabs home from earthbound trading co in the mall the other day.. 5 days later now we have 4 crabs total. 29 gal tank. they dug right into the deep ee and haven't really seen much of them so far. Gilbert, Clyde, Harley, and Floyd. :)

2. vckums

vckums Moderator

:welcome: Enjoy the site

3. hermitlove

hermitlove "First Molt, A Success"

:welcome:

4. cococrisp

cococrisp "PM Jason For Custom Title"

Welcome! You can find more information in the general care section but it sounds like your crabs have a great new owner! Soon, you'll want to get more and more crabs and bigger and bigger tanks. It's addicting. :chuckle: Enjoy the site and your new crabs!

5. Mckenny

Mckenny "PM Jason For Custom Title"

Welcome rohawkj !

They are fascinating creatures, and it's normal for them to dig down and chill for a bit. Don't go looking for them, they'll surface when they are done de-stressing.

There's a lot of good info on this site, so check it out when you get a chance. Don't hesitate to join in and if you have any questions, just ask. :flower:

6. willow555

willow555 (Large Crab)

:madhouse:
    :banana: :shmama: :kellie: :cheer: :amie2:

7. rohawkj

rohawkj "Never Molted"

they certainly are fascinating.. never seen anyone sleep this long before hehe

8. GinaLovesCritters

GinaLovesCritters Hi, I'm New Here!

I bought my first two crabs (PPs) at an earthbound trading co. in the fall. They were all in open store air, crammed into a circular plastic thing with walls, literally layers of crab in every inch of space. Some water sponges, and a few plastic palm trees. I didn't think much of it and I bought a couple. But since then I've learned that that is WRONG to keep crabs that way! Was the store you bought them from like that too? I wonder if we could send a letter...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.