1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Crabs Front Claw Fell Off

Discussion in 'Emergency Care - 911.' started by littlewolfpaw, Mar 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. littlewolfpaw

littlewolfpaw "Never Molted"

*Sigh* After my latest crab died of a unknow cause during molting I believe, I bought annother new crab just less then a week ago. This morning I found the large front claw off of him laying in the sand. My other two crabs were dug down in the sand were theyv been for days undisturbed so Im one hundred percent positive they didnt do it, what could have cuased this, did I just pick out a bad crab?

2. Mini.Mrs.Crabs

Mini.Mrs.Crabs "Preparing For Second Molt"

Sometimes, crabs lose their limbs after purchase due to stress :S
    since most of the time in pet stores they aren't fed well, can't molt....

Just give him time, some mushy foods to eat, and I hope for all the best :)

3. littlewolfpaw

Okey dokey :thanks:

4. littlewolfpaw

He died yesterday...picked out yet another sick crab. thankfully the original two are doing great. Im going to stick with them for now, i would hate to buy a sick crab and it gets them sick.

5. timebandit

timebandit (Large Crab)

Check with the pet store to find out what day they get their delivery of crabs. That is the best day to get one. Also one that is shinny with claws. That is kinda a sign of a fresh molt. Which is good when you get a new crab. Maybe a little hairy to. Just in case you decide to get another one.

6. scoobdoo

scoobdoo "PM Jason For Custom Title"

do you have another pet store that sells crabs? One that maybe you can buy from besides this one you are buying from now? I found a pet store in a city that I didn't even know was there and been driving by it for years I guess! I did check out their crabs and it was far worse conditions that the pet place I bought my original crabs though.

7. littlewolfpaw

Sadly theres no other pet stores around but I know the staff there pretty well, I think theyd be more then happy to tell me when they get there stock. I believe whats killing them is that they keep them on gravel.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.