1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new crabitat

Discussion in 'Say Cheese' started by Amie91280, Dec 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amie91280

Amie91280 "Preparing For Fourth Molt"

We went to Petco this morning and bought the 40B I've been eyeing up. I still need to get plexi cut for the top, I'm going to just drape a damp towel over it for now (I know, not a long term fix). Ryan also bought me a clamp light and I got a moon glo bulb to go in it. Oh and since the tank is sitting on my sewing cabinet, I put the UTH under the tank instead of on the back like I had it in the 55 gallon since the cabinet opens up on top for a sewing machine to sit in it. There's enough air flow for the UTH. Ryan's snake, Monty Python moved into the 55 gallon and got new screen lids to replace the tank hood I had. I put one of the flourescents on top of the 40B for now till I get a second light fixture for a day bulb. Even though I "lost" 15 gallons, the 40B is so much wider than the 55 gallon that I have a ton more floor space. Oh and the funniest part! Petco is a good 25 minutes or so away. We debated who's car to take and finally took Ryan's. The back seat doesn't fold down on his like it does in mine because his is a convertible, but I figured we could put his roof down, put the tank in the back seat and put the roof back up. Well, the roof didn't fit back up over the tank since RJ was taking up half the back seat and we had to sit it on one end, so I ended up turned around in the front seat holding it so it wouldn't "blow out" of the car while we were doing 70 down the highway with the top down and the heater blasting...lol. People were laughing at us, it was so embarassing! Anyway, here's the tank!

[​IMG]

I still might put a net in it or something, but it's pretty much set up.

2. Pixiegirl

Pixiegirl Guest

looking good!

3. vckums

vckums Moderator

Wooohooo Amie!!! Looking good

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.