1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Crabitat

Discussion in 'Discussions, Theories and Trial Ideas' started by Bianca, Dec 22, 2015.

1. Bianca

Bianca Hi, I'm New Here!

I'm trying to do the best I can for my crabs so any critiques are welcome! I tried my best with the pics - sorry if it's hard to see

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Jason

Jason Moderator

Welcone to our community. I think your setup is great as long as you can maintain it. From the pictures it looks like you have a sand and peat mix while will help to keep the humidity up. If you find the towels sucking up the moisture, yiu can partially cover the screen with a plastic bag, but not all. Lot of places to climb and hide. How many crabs due you currently have in the setup?

I find after a while I tend to try to keep things simple as it cuts down on the cleanup time, but that is just me.

Jason

3. Bianca

Bianca Hi, I'm New Here!

THe towels seem to keep the humidity up because I pace a wet tshirt on the screen, and then the towels on top of that to increase humidity. Right now I have 4 small crabs and 1 big crab. One of the small crabs is down molting right now.