1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Crabitat!!

Discussion in 'HCRU Crabitat's - Biography's Of Our Crabitats' started by jengstro, Mar 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jengstro

jengstro (Micro Crab)

I have just moved to a larger aquarium for my crabbies. I just love the looks of it and I hope my crabs love it too. I don't know much about the math but I think they may have lost floor space but gained verticle climbing space. I had a 10 gallon and went to a 35 gallon hexigon tank. I also built a platform to keep their extra shells free from sand, put in drift wood and a net. I used corks from wine bottles and hot glue for the second level. I boiled the corks, does anyone else know anything about this? I remember reading a prior post about using cork but I hope that the hot glue is not harmful to them, please let me know if anyone knows anything about this, because I would also like to make some huts for them out of the same materials to give my habitat a more natural look to it. Also does anyone know anything about using drift wood. I put it in mine and really did nothing to it besides leaving it in my greenhouse for two years, I am positive that there are no bugs living in it. My real concern is that I can not tell what kind of wood the tree is from, like pine or cedar which you are not supposed to use because of the sap which is harmfull to crabs, but I would hope that it have all left the wood after being submerged under water for so long. Let me know if anyone has any experience with this. Now I will try and post pictures, hope it works.....
    I apparently don't know how to do this, if some one could also let me know how to do that it would be appreciated.

2. Hermie's rule

Hermie's rule "Second Molt In Progress"

What your doing should be fine!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.