1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Crabber

Discussion in 'The Welcome Rock' started by CrabsRus, Aug 7, 2012.

1. CrabsRus

CrabsRus Hi, I'm New Here!

Hi everyone!

I became a crabber in December when my family bought me two for my birthday.  My son built a crabitat that was small and quaint and I have since moved them to a 30g tank (they have taken over my heart and my checkbook!).  They originally purchased 1 E (I think) and 1 PP.  The E escaped twice in 20 minutes so they returned it for something smaller.  In January after moving to a bigger home I went back and got the E again, naming her Queen Escapee.  Unfortunately she did not survive her 2nd molt. She was the most awesome crab with so much personality and very social with me. The other two are PP's named Alpha and Omega, they have both molted successfully once since December.

Just went to Florida for vacation and came home with 3 more. :yes2:

So I have:
    Alpha - who lives up to his name
    Omega - spunky tiny little guy
    Epsilon - lively and a little aggressive
    Bevo - so laid back (hope he's healthy)
    Fabiola - extremely shy crab (my daughter picked her out and named her)

I also have:
    3 dogs
    1 cat
    1 slider
    1 russian tortoise
    oh yeah and 3 kids.... :biglaugh:

Looking forward to sharing with everyone and buying some awesome crab stuff!

2. Mckenny

Mckenny "PM Jason For Custom Title"

:vinkko:  WELCOME to our Crabby family!! 

Those little dicken's are certainly "Addictive" aren't they?!      :chuckle: 

Glad to have you here!  :straw:

3. scoobdoo

scoobdoo "PM Jason For Custom Title"

it's nice to just sit and read through all the stuff.. you will be amazed at the things you will learn here.. welcome! I have 5 in 55 gallon. one I have had since 2009.. well really 2 I should say, I got with in months of each other , had some die to because of molt issues and some cause mistakes on my part..if I would of know then what I know now, they might still be alive.. it seeems that I have 4 males and 1 female had some issues right around mating season & about the time that season was over my troubles were over with the crabs to...mine are p.p.s

4. vckums

vckums Moderator

:welcome: Hope you enjoy the forum!

5. CrabsRus

CrabsRus Hi, I'm New Here!

It is awesome to read through everyone's posts and look at the pictures (it confirms I'm not the only one crazy about these little creatures).

Scoobdoo, what kind of issues do you have during mating season and when is mating season?  More to learn.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

Since purchasing the crabs in Florida this summer one of them is buried and I haven't seen him in 3 weeks. I'm getting anxious and nervous.  :think: