1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Crabber

Discussion in 'The Welcome Rock' started by Aguardian4mypets, May 22, 2012.

1. Hi Everyone,

I'm a new crabber, not counting my daughter's crab 20 years ago when there just wasn't good info.  My daughter took me to VA Beach at the end of April.  A long needed and appreciated 2 day trip.  In one of the shops I spotted the hermies.  Not sure what came over me but I had to get one (not knowing one is lonely  :eek:ops2:). I named her Shannon.  Shannon was the name of my my favorite art teacher.  After I got back home I did some research :clever66:.  Went out and bought another crab I named Kenzie (Lost Girl series), tank and more supplies.  Well, here it is 3 weeks later and I now have 4.  I added She-ra and Wonder Crab.  Wonder Crab loves to climb.  Climbs all over the cholla log and plastic plants. 

I'm not sure yet as to what type of hermies they are.  My computer has gone screwy :eeeek: and isn't displying most on-line pics  :scream:.  I am sure of two things, I am addicted and I like Hermit Crab Addiction.  It helped me to learn about my crab kids, a place to buy them healthy food, and hopefully meet new friends.

Have a good day everyone.

Happy Crabbing!

2. scoobdoo

scoobdoo "PM Jason For Custom Title"

look at the big claw if it has a purple hue to it it's prob a purple pincher, welcome to the sight.  pics are always welcome. don't be afraid to ask questions.

3. :thanks: Scoobdoo, I believe they are all purple pinchers.  I hope to get some different ones one day.  When I get more tanks set up.  I know the hubby will say  :whaaaat:

4. sirenequidanse

sirenequidanse (Micro Crab)

welcome and a BIG HI, I have 3 purple pinchers, a 29 gallon tank, when the crab patch is re-opened I'm getting two E's for my tank. my crabs are friendly but no action. Everyone here is great and helpful . :welcome: :pinch:

5. Hi, I've been researching  crabs and hope to get some more later.  I only have 4 small pp right now in a 10 gal.  I have an empty 20 and another 10.  I might even have another hidden somewhere.  I want to get a 5 for an isolation tank.  If I'd been smart I would have kept all my critter stuff in one place but...... :booboo: 

The people here do seem very helpful.  I've gotten a lot of good info from the site.  How long have you had yours?

Thank you for the  :welcome:

6. scoobdoo

scoobdoo "PM Jason For Custom Title"

I just would bring home crabs when the hubby wasn't home and he would sometimes ask how many I would have then I would I would say 3 or if I got a new one 4..5.. he'd say when did ya get that one?  I just uh last week, it was my b day gift or mother's day to myself...he has dunb deer heads on the wall, he has gun collections, he has his bow and arrows, this is one of my few things I have

7. :muahaha: My husband is the same way, deer heads, fish mounts, guns, and bow and arrows.  I have my critters and crafts.  Crafts have been on hold for a few years. Had to take a break due to a lot of surgeries.  I rarely go out, usually just when I have to.  I enjoy my pets.  They make me laugh.  That is unless someone gets hurt or sick  :tear:  I use to volunteer occasionally at the shelter and foster dogs and cats and bottle feed young ones.  I have a strong mothering instinct but that caused an overabundance of furry kids here.  Now I stay away from the shelters and rescues.  I run into some of the other people at the vets or store occasionally.  In the long run crab kids are less expensive, after the initial set up any way.  I do wish their schedule was geared a little better to mine (smile). 

I don't get a chance to bring any home without the hubby's knowledge.  He's retired and pretty much follows me around if I go out.  :icon_tongue:  Oh well, that's how life goes.......