1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new babies!!

Discussion in 'The HCRU Family Photo Album - Say Cheese.' started by HERMEZ, Mar 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

Here are the new adoptees:
    Zoie who came with a HUGE supply of "stuff" most of which I had to toss. I dont think this crab has ever eaten fresh food - there was every imaginable commercial food there--and such a weird substrate too- she did have HBH salt and an unopened bag of oceanic--she had oyester shells for calcium and that bird oyster powder? cuttlebone- tons of bridges- hidies--cork bark--shells that were weirdly covered in a brownish look like dirt but I think its from the substrate........anyway they are all boiled and salvaged- I have turbos out the wazoo so if anyone needs some smaller ones natural green let me know.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

and Misty who has a mini partial eye
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

she came to me in a tupperware container with a piece of lettuce nothing at all for supplies........which is fine.
    she had her for 2 years and this crab has a painted shell. wanna make a bet she switches real quick! Both look freshly molted- if the 1st crab had that weird substrate the whole time then she has been surfacing molting for 2.5 years

Its odd I get 2 girls at once they usually arent prominant.

2. keris hermies

keris hermies "Third Molt In Progress"

Too cute! Yeah,they do look like they just molted recently especially Zoie. Hopefully Misty changes shells soon and she might grow her eye back. My friend has a hermie with only one eye and it looks nothing like Misty's. His crab (Special Ed.) has'nt molted yet though either so it would be hard to tell.

3. alli'smommy

alli'smommy "Preparing For Third Molt"

Awww! They are cute! Poor Misty in that horrid painted shell for 2 years! :eek: Bet she changes ASAP!!!;) And I'm sure Zoie will LOVE a good substrate and food!!
    Congrats to all!!:D

4. wachfuleyez

wachfuleyez "Never Molted"

post pics. of the extra shells I have anew hermie who needs shells along with the rest of the gang.

5. ItsMeg

ItsMeg "First Molt, A Success"

Aww, congrats on your newbs!!

Glad/relieved to hear they'll be in a much better home :)

Meg

6. hermie 5

hermie 5 "Preparing For First Molt"

I am so glad that they have found you. They won't know what hit them with the good care they will have now. Yeah I love happy stories!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.