1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New at Hermit Crab nutrition

Discussion in 'Nutrition & Water' started by RandyABQ, Oct 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RandyABQ

RandyABQ Hi, I'm New Here!

As I get closer to finishing up putting together my crabitat I am finding one area that is becoming more and more daunting. That area is diet.

I've been doing lots of reading about diet and it keeps looking more and more complicated, almost like I'd need to get a B.S. degree in hermie nutrition and would have to create a second kitchen and pantry just to feed the hermies. (Drama mode off.)

I realize that once I start caring for hermies I'll learn new things and feel more confident about nutrition. It would be nice to find something about nutrtion for the new or inexperienced hermie owner. Something that I could start out with then build upon.

A thousand years ago when I first starting learning to cook from my mother I started out with simpler things to make. I don't think I would have been able to jump right in baking yeast and sourdough bread which I love to do now.

I guess what I'm asking is: Where do I start?

Nervous as all get out thinking about feeding hermies,
    Randy

2. HermyTimbit

HermyTimbit "Never Molted"

Hey!! I just joined the Epicurean Hermit... it deals with just this... nutrician. Easy to understand and ideas galour. Give it a shot. Also, I noticed alot of us are on it. Also, the store here is really good and not too expensive either. :rubhands: :rainbow:

Good luck,

HermyTimbit :straw:

3. vckums

vckums Moderator

Definately sign up at www.epicurean-hermit.com

It deals with just the nutrition part. There's recipes, pictures of foods people have made and even food trials.

4. RandyABQ

RandyABQ Hi, I'm New Here!

I found a real helpful hermie food pyramid over on hermitcrabassociation.com which is real helpful. Gives recommendations on how many times a week each food group should be feed to a hermie for optimal nutrition. I'm feeling a little less confused right now.

Randy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.