1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New additions...

Discussion in 'General questions about care.' started by cloie74, Oct 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cloie74

cloie74 "Second Molt, A Success"

My local Petco has the nicest Hermit crab set up that I have ever seen in any pet store they have like 3" of EE and 2 water dishes and a big hidy rock and the temp and humidity gauges are always where they should be I am always impressed, however due to that fact they never have crabs! Well they DO but because they use proper substrate they can dig in it lol.
    So today I am there and there are about 12 o them hanging around above ground. and i got suckered into 3. Is it just me or are the painted shells getting even more hideous?
    They are being modified now to make shapes and more paint and glitter and glue its really sad.
    One of the guys I fell for was in a painted red white and blue shell he only has 2 walking legs on one side (none on the other) and his pincers. He was a trooper though climbing the rock like a pro so I took him and as soon as he got here he buried himself lol
    The other 2 are hanging out on a vine of Autumn leaves I bought for the ISO today. Ill post the link, sorry they arent very good Ill get better ones when they settle in better.
    http://s79.photobucket.com/alb...6/itsmecloie/Newest/

2. emmac350

emmac350 "Fourth Molt In Progress"

I personally think that the shells with football helmets on them are the worst. I had a friend who got crabs for her sons, they got one of those helmet shells and were shocked when he was out of it that night. We laughed about it, but I've been working with her about how to take care of her crabs - she's doing much better with them now.

I'm glad that your store has such good conditions - wish mine did. *angry eyes*

3. cloie74

cloie74 "Second Molt, A Success"

So this morning, the red sparkle guy is missing but there is a suspicious mound in the middle of the tank lol Also Spongebob after being a bully and changing shells yesterday is also missing so that makes 4 underground (Dozer, Ty, Spongebob and the new one Joe)
    My 4 year old was in charge of naming them this time
    The 3 leg one is Spencer, the weird painted one with the silver sparkles is Joe and the one with the ladybug on its back is....drum roll please...
    "Operation Bubble Wrap" Don't ask cause I have no CLUE where he came up with that name lol we call her bubble for short. ROFL
    All the new crabs are doing REALLY well even the handicrabbed crab.
    He climbs that net like a pro and they have not stopped eating.

4. rugh1982

rugh1982 "First Molt In Progress"

happy for you on the new crabs
    wow, those painted shells are nasty...
    good thing u rescued them :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.