1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New 65g deep clean

Discussion in 'Say Cheese' started by Crabaddict, Sep 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crabaddict

Crabaddict Guest

OK, I think I got the time fixed. I put -4 as Chris said is for East coast peeps. It was at 0 and then I did the autodetect which put it at 20. OK my brain hurts now, lol!

2. starmaiden

starmaiden "Preparing For Fourth Molt"

It looks great! I like the water dish idea. Mine seem to love dragging EE in their dishes and doing something like that probably helps prevent that.

3. Crabaddict

Crabaddict Guest

Thank you! :flower:

Yes, definitely helps from having the EE in the dishes. It also prevents a lot of EE or sand going down the drains when it comes time for washing.

4. vckums

vckums Moderator

DId you put up those docks?

5. Crabaddict

Crabaddict Guest

:shhhh: bf broke one while trying to drill holes ( so I can hang them from the top with ties).
    I tried the remaining two on the tank, but they sat too high up. Bigger crabs couldn't get in; their shells would bump the top glass cover. If I hung it lower, I didn't like seeing the ties holding it up... it looked silly.

Then I tried silicone and suction cups, that was a total disaster. The silicone didn't hold and I ended up with corner docks that looked like a creation by Dr. Frankenstein! Unfortunately, it didn't work out the way I planned it.

I folded the 40g size hammock and tied that as a second level.

The best corner docks are the ones you have in your tank Vicki.

6. vckums

vckums Moderator

Awww bummer!!!! They came out pretty sweet too. I still hope the company brings them back or I come across a huge box of them :crybaby2:

7. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

OMG that is GREAT how did I miss this thread--I must suspend mine now- after seeing Chrispys and yours I have a huge log that just always falls down this would be a great solution!!!!!!!!

The tank is fab!

8. Crabaddict

Crabaddict Guest

Thanks Hermez!

Suspending the logs really gives the tank a natural look and the crabs seem to enjoy it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.