1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

never say never!

Discussion in 'The Sand Castle Lounge' started by scoobdoo, Dec 26, 2011.

1. scoobdoo

scoobdoo "PM Jason For Custom Title"

hubby gave me cash for christmas, i wanted things for myself that he would never go buy.. then he said go buy a crab. i went and was just going to buy 1 but the lady made a comment about the cats using the open tank as their litter box , having to keep heavy plexi glass over it, i thought oh man! i'd like to get them all.. but i have to get what crabs that will beable to fit in shells i have so i don't have to buy more right now.  so i bought 2 large at 12.99 each. the tank didn't smell so i'm assuming it had been cleaned out. got home went to get my iso from the basement it was covered up but it had spider webs it and i saw some eggs, so i had no choice but to put them in the main tank. as soon as i did the others were coming up wanting to ride them so i gave everyone a bath and then it stopped!  now they are chillaxing in the tank, got all kinds of foods , calci sand, cuttle bone, worm poo in there and shells.
    i checked them over really good before i bought them, she may not have deep substrate, she did correct the cat problem but the crabs looked healthy enough. now just keep the fingers crossed.

2. timebandit

timebandit (Large Crab)

I was one who read that you would not buy another crab cause you did'nt want to worry about them outliving you. Ya right!

Congrats on your new buddies!!!!

3. Mckenny

Mckenny "PM Jason For Custom Title"

Congrats!  :straw:

4. scoobdoo

scoobdoo "PM Jason For Custom Title"

it was that or underwear, couldn't think of anything i wanted for x mas. crabs last a little longer