1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Netting? Please? :[

Discussion in 'Shell Swap & Freebies?' started by Tox, Mar 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tox

Tox (Micro Crab)

Hey does anyone have any old or new or some form of netting i could have or buy off you or sooomething!?

I reeally want some for my tank, ive looked all around Perth but i can find anything thats safe for my hermies :(

Thanks. .
    Scarlet x x

2. Hermie's rule

Hermie's rule "Second Molt In Progress"

Well, you could make your own like I did.

3. Tox

Tox (Micro Crab)

ummm. Some how i dont think that would end very well!

I dont know the first thing about knitting or netting or anything like that!!

4. msdiamonddawg

msdiamonddawg "Third Molt In Progress"

Do you have a hardware store around you that would selling fishing stuff?? I went to our local Canadian Tire. I bought the cheapest fishing net I could find (the ones with the handles that fishermen use to catch fish?). I think it cost me like $5.00. I cut the netting off the handle and voila! It is now in my tank and works great. The crablets are always on it. Like this kind of thing -

[​IMG]

5. Hermie's rule

Hermie's rule "Second Molt In Progress"

well, I didn't use knitting or sewing. I just tied knots.

6. vckums

vckums Moderator

PM me your address, I'll mail some out

7. jtswife

jtswife "First Molt, A Success"

LOL, you guys crack me up!!!! I'm not good at knitting. Come to think about it, I can't even do a knot:p I love that thing by the way :)

8. vckums

vckums Moderator

Jtswife I am the same as you. I don't knit, crochet and I can tie my shoelaces in a knot tho LOL...Thats it.

9. jtswife

jtswife "First Molt, A Success"

I got my netting from JoAnn Fabric, or you can get some from vckums, or you can learn how to knit, or tie a knot :p Anyways, my crabs have been under so, the netting hasn't been used:) I think I need to learn how to knit, I bet you can do lots of pretty color nets.

10. Itsy

Itsy "Second Molt, A Success"

I cant find any nets around here either which really sucks and i never have the money to get anything now that im getting ready to move out im low on food i have no sand in my tank right now because of mold it just seems like everythings going down hill for my crabbies no matter how hard i try they all seem healthy. Im trying the best i can im going to try and spend 100 on them next payday i hope it will help if anyone has any tips for me please help!

11. vckums

vckums Moderator

Sand wont molt. Only organic material can mold. What kind of sand were you using.

You don't need to spend alot on food for them. They can pretty much eat what you eat minus salt and spices. Whatever you are cooking save a tiny pieve(quarter size), fresh fruits, veggies etc.

12. Itsy

my bf wont let me put fresh food in hes afraid they will scatter it everywere. I think it may have been from them dumping food or stashing it around the tank but it was really bad i couldnt even try to rescue the sand. It was in large black lumps just check out my 911 post and it will explain everything in more detail.

13. vckums

vckums Moderator

I just read the post. Unfortunately they require fresh food. An option to do is get a bowl with a lip on it, that might help and have a section of the tank just the size of the bowl/dish that you can put some gravel on. That will help it a bit.
    Since there is no food out there, not even mine, that is 100% nutionally balanced for them you have to supplement their diet with fresh meats, vegetables and fruits.

14. Itsy

Were buying a rock hut with an upper platform and he said once we get that i can put as much fresh food in as i want because it will be harder to scatter thats next friday aswell as were getting more sand and 2-4 more crabs they have a pure black one we got put on hold as long as it doesnt die before we go to get it if it does we were garenteed 2 crabs for the price of one. And a white one with kinda pinkish red on the joints i think it might either be a capive or a really young strawberry either way i have a salt water and fresh water dish in there and were getting a heat lamp for the tank to bring up the heat level and were also going to buy some dried mealworms or do you think they will eat that?? As for calcium we have a crab calcium blok in the tank aswell for there fresh water we use a deep sea shell i told him i want to get everything i can to make everything the best i can. Were also buying some sand blasted drift wood and by the end of the month were hoping to have our second level up or were thinking of sending you a money order to get two ov the second levels you make. Aswell as were putting in more fake vines and greenery to create more hiding spots and climbing things for them. We really want to do a good job with our babies and we want them to be as healthy as we can get them. Were even adapting to doing things differently for there health like spraying clonge and perfume in a different room then they are in. Were also getting ready to move in about a month and a half and were wondering what would be the best way to move our babies without harming them or causing to much stress?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.