1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need shells now and crab attacking poor other one

Discussion in 'Emergency Care - 911.' started by scoobdoo, May 22, 2012.

1. scoobdoo

scoobdoo "PM Jason For Custom Title"

I have 2 crabs that are attacking this other one, I keep taking the attacked victim out and putting him in iso and giving everyone peanut butter, calisand, cuttle bone that is in the tank at all times as well as oak leaves and maple, popcorn, tried meats and they just don't eat it! I put the shells in there and for a while they weren't showing any interest in switching, today I threw them in again and finally one switched but switched back out of shell, so I'm thinking they need more shells and they don't like the jade they like natural, but I need 1 7/8 and bigger natural turbo. well hermit crab patch is closed now, vacation! do you know of any other places that sell shells? and fast!!! I put poor attacked victim in tank to see what they would do today after a week of iso, yep, one went after him again, there is no chirping, they just go sit on him and wrap themselves around him in a choke hold. this crab I have had since dec, so it's not like he's a new newbie, these crabs I have had for 5 yrs they just all the sudden started this behavior..so I will have to take him out of the main tank before work again, thurs i'm going to go get more climb things like vines and things cause I took all the real wood out the tank, and i do have 55 gal tank so they do have plenty of room I just need to expand the climbing areas, right now its a huge log, the corner caddy, and another log that is upright. oh they are  driving me batty! he has him cornered now, so i better go get him out of the tank now and put him in iso, I even tried bathing the 2 bully's and then giving the tortured one a bath in the water to make them smell a like.. nope didn't work

2. I've not ordered from any of these places, 

http://www.tropicshells.com/

http://www.seashellcity.com/hermitcrabs.html

http://naplesseashellcompany.com/hermit_crab_shells.html 

Hope this helps!

3. Mckenny

Mckenny "PM Jason For Custom Title"

Scoobdoo, have you considered putting in two or three more crabs around the same size as your "picked-on" crab? 

4. scoobdoo

scoobdoo "PM Jason For Custom Title"

the others that are about the same size are down again :( and haven't come back up . I'm going to give them one more month then I'm going to go search cause it's been  over 2 months for this one and he's not that big he's a med.
    I'm going to burlington today get some vines and try and get some stuff in their to play with { escape routes} see how much a  10 gal tank cost cause if I have to I will stick the frog in the 10 gal and put him in the 29 gal again cause it has the heat pads on it stil. I just really didn't want tanks all over the palce :( if and when the other crab comes up I will put one in with him. not going to buy any more this time, all they have are tiny crabs and they want a fortune for them!