1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEED PRODUCT INFO ASAP!!! DEODORIZING SPRAY

Discussion in 'Product Reviews.' started by cluelesscrabber, May 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cluelesscrabber

cluelesscrabber (Micro Crab)

My mom keeps complaining of a smell around the tank (probably the sand;i dont smell it!) and i heard of this hermie deodorizing spry. I forget the brand but i think i need it, because my mom says the have to go to the basement! i have a cold basement! i just need some info on the deodorizing spray. Ill try and find the brand.
    anyways, please help!

PS:for those who are worried about my hermies going to the basement, its ok because i have a light for warmth. BUT i really want them in my room again!

2. rodent111

rodent111 (Micro Crab)

3. ThreeDaisy

ThreeDaisy (Micro Crab)

My crabitat never really stinks. Are you sure you don't have some food in there? I know when I feed my crabs broccolli I have one who drags it off and hides it. A couple days later I can smell it. The sand usually doesn't stink.

4. froggz37

froggz37 "First Molt, A Success"

Ask your mom what kind of a smell it is. I actually get compliments on the GOOD smell of my tank. It smells earthy in there and with a hint of flowers lol.

5. jenniferm

jenniferm "Never Molted"

bad smells are a sign of food hidden or sometimes even a dean crab or decaying limbs that were dropped.

one should never spray deoderizers or similar products into their crab tanks... even ones marketed as all natural etc are filled with preservatives. The only thing one shloud ever spray is p-lain dechlorinated fresh water or salt water for a molt inhibitor.

It may be time for a deep clean if the tank does smell.

6. crazy4crabs

crazy4crabs "Second Molt In Progress"

Try a deep clean take out all things in ur tank and wash it out with warm water and either salt or vinager. make sure the smell is completely gone before putting fresh substrate and toys and hides back in.

7. landhermie

landhermie "Never Molted"

I'd be worried about their gills while using that if I were you. I don't know what is in it, but there are probably some kind of chemicals or something in it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.