1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need help!

Discussion in 'Molting.' started by victoria, Dec 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. victoria

victoria "Preparing For First Molt"

ok so my 1st crab is molting! is she going to be ok? how can I help?:confused:
    please reply and thanks for your time.:)

my crabs are:victoria and spud

2. DaisyCrab

DaisyCrab (Small Crab)

All you can do is leave her. And make sure your other crab isn't bothering her or anything.

3. msdiamonddawg

msdiamonddawg "Third Molt In Progress"

If she is molting, whatever you do, do not unbury her. She could be down for many, many weeks.

4. krackersmom2

krackersmom2 (Large Crab)

You can help her by being patient and don't panick! If you are concerned about other crabs bothering her, get a clean 2 or 3 litre bottleand cut the bottow off and mash it into the sand around her...make sure to take the lid off the top of the bottle (in case you're a blonde like me). It will make a protective barrier. Also, do not remove the exoskeleton. They have to eat it to regain their depleated calcium. When they have eaten their exoskeleton and are active again, then it's time to return to the population. I'm sure you could search "molt" on the archives and see what others have to say. The people here tend to be pretty smart about crabs!

5. Hildegarde

Hildegarde "Preparing For Third Molt"

Unless there is a major problem, the best help you can give is none at all. This may be your first moult with this crab, bit it's not this crab's first moult.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.