1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Emma Jean

Emma Jean (Small Crab)

Please feel free to remove this if anyone feels it shouldn't be here but I love how everyone is so helpful and I am in a bit of a bind. I know this is for hermits but I am a lover of (almost) all animals and I have three that really need help. Heres the story:
    A few weeks ago a lady came to the pet store I work at and said the she had 2 rats that she wanted nothing to do with anymore and if we didn't take them she would let them go outside. Well I wasen't there that night but the girls that were called me and I said TAKE THEM and put them in back because this woman is nuts and who knows what she'll do. Needless to say they had no food and water and we kept in a tiny hamster cage. So the others girls cleaned it out and gave them a bunch of fun stuff and I have them with me at the moment. The problem is that I have 3 other rats and the 5 rats and one mouse are eating me out of house and home. I need some one to take this to little cuties. I am working with hand taming and litter training but they are syill young and need some time. If ANYONE knows of a home that will NOT use them as food please let me know.

P.S. The little feeder mouse also needs a home because I can't take her back to school with me. The 10 gallon and all other supplies would go with her.

Again: If someone wants this off I understand, please take it off becasue I don't want to offend anyone.

2. vckums

vckums Moderator

Are you close to Michigan? A very good friend of mine has rats and they are like kids to her.

3. Klara Rose

Klara Rose Hi, I'm New Here!

Ya we're not that far away...would she be willing to meet us halfway? Do you know how long she has had rats? The 2 boys are very sweet, they don't bite but they do need to be worked with still. Do you think she would be willing to work with them? If you are wondering, we are pretty sure that they are both dumbo rats...they are ADORABLE!! They have the biggest ears ever!

4. vckums

vckums Moderator

She's had rats for years. PM me an email address that I can send her. I'm not sure of her schedule, as she went into labor this morning and had a baby boy. But I know she's be interested in them or would know of someone who would. I know her rats are super spoiled LOL

5. Switchblade_Brigade

Switchblade_Brigade "First Molt, A Success"

I have a cousin who has a rat and may want another, though I CANNOT guarentee it. Her rat's name is Bianca and is albino and she spoils it. Next time I see her I will ask her if she wants it.

6. Jarrod Walls

Jarrod Walls (Micro Crab)

I've got a white rat now. =)
    I've got fish too.
    A dog.
    A hermit crab.

.. and an angry mother who thinks my room is turning into a pet store. lol.

7. Emma Jean

Emma Jean (Small Crab)

Sounds like my house. I just added 3 more hermies to the bunch. The mouse found a home and yes the rats still need one. They are begining to trust me and want me to give them attention which is good. As soon as I can get my camera to work again I can try to post their picture.

8. Emma Jean

Emma Jean (Small Crab)

Have you heard anything from your friend about the rats. I know she must be busy with her new little one but any info in either direction would be good to know because I may end up taking them to the humaine society witch I don't want to do.

9. choppylikespringles3

choppylikespringles3 "Never Molted"

how far away from columbus do you live? If vckmus can't help i may be able to!

10. Emma Jean

Emma Jean (Small Crab)

Right now I'm in Wisconsin near Mil. So I don't think I'm very close to you but thank you for the offer. I'm really running out of options for these little guys and I don't want to take them to the shelter, I just don't trust them with rats.

11. vckums

vckums Moderator

I left a message on her cell phone.

12. choppylikespringles3

choppylikespringles3 "Never Molted"

well let me know before you take them to the pound. i will meet you half way... i don't know if i can make it the whole way though!!!!

13. Emma Jean

Emma Jean (Small Crab)

Thanks both of you.

14. heather77

heather77 (Micro Crab)

I dont know if this will help but have you thought about maybe your local science center. if not there I dont know how long it is until school starts back in your area but maybe go to a local elementary school and see if any of the teachers would take them as a class room pet. just explain to them that you are trying to save the little guys lives.

15. Emma Jean

Emma Jean (Small Crab)

Well some wonderful people called the pet store the other day and were talking about finding a mother mouse for some little ones they had found outside. Long store short they turned out to be really nice people the drove all the way from Kenosha to get the mother and in talking to them found out they are the proud owners of 13 other rats. They decided that since they were in need of a home and soooo cute that what was two more in the bunch. That was a great day, except for the fact that now I have the mother mouse's 9 babies here at the house with me trying to hand tame them so if anyone wants a free mouse, or 3, let me know and you will have first dibs before I take them back to the pet store.

P.S. They will not be food at the store.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.