1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help with crabitat ideas!

Discussion in 'HCRU Crabitat's - Biography's Of Our Crabitats' started by kissmeimgone, Feb 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kissmeimgone

kissmeimgone (Micro Crab)

Hey guys, I was planning on getting a bigger tank, maybe close to 20 gallons and I was wanting to think up a theme..

Maybe like a princess or jungle theme..not sure..can you share your ideas? ^.^

2. Dezzi

Dezzi "First Molt In Progress"

I like the jungle theme, you could add 2nd levels & drape vines over & around the edges. & I saw the neatest thing at petsmart that would look good in a jungle theme tank! it's a water dish, and it's shaped like a leaf! & the best part, is it had a suction cup on the end of it 2 attach to the tank. I really wanted it, but they were getting ready 2 close, so I didn't have time to inspect the dish for any metal in the suction cup. But if it did, then I'm sure you could replace it. & U could get a green hemp climbing net, & add some fake plants!

I would def. get the largest tank you are comfortable with, otherwise you may need 2 up-grade like I have! (Twice!)

Also, you can check out the photo gallery & look at the pic.s of tanks to get idea's:) Post some pictures of yours after you are done! I hope I was some help to you.

3. kissmeimgone

kissmeimgone (Micro Crab)

thanks for the advice ^.^ right now, ive got a tiny ceramic bridge thing in there and my mum recently bought gel stickers for the outside of my tank..ive got a big red crab gel sticker for the front of my tank and its removable xD and for a tank background, i printed off two pages of a tim burton-like forest cartoon background and taped it to the back of the tank glass xD

4. chermo

chermo "Second Molt In Progress"

I personally don't like tank themes, I just add what I think looks cool to the tank and as long as it is hermie safe I use it. I like the natural look though as they would find in the wild.

5. cococrisp

cococrisp "PM Jason For Custom Title"

I don't like the princess theme at all, personally. I'm not a princess person at all either. I don't have very much money or very many decorations but I just got a bunch of free ones from a craigslist lady along with 3 crabs. I just use what i have with a new look every time. I rearrange the water bowls and stuff. I have some pics in my album. Go to angelhascrabs and there are really cool decoration ideas.

6. krackersmom2

krackersmom2 (Large Crab)

Something you can add to your crabitat for a minimal cost are small terra cott pots. I have a couple of the mini pots I turned on their side and they make perfect hidies for the smaller crabs.

7. NitaRocks!

NitaRocks! (Micro Crab)

I use the same stuff every time, what helps is to create hills and valleys.
    My tat has a hollow with food and water, a hill to burrow under, a half-log shelter, a pit for shells, a piece of driftwood to climb on, and a hidey-hole under the end of the driftwood. All that in a ten gallon tank on my desk.

8. cococrisp

cococrisp "PM Jason For Custom Title"

My crabs are too big. :( But I just got some new smaller crabs but since they are adopted one I think was taken from his exo and he is not doing so well. :( Please check my 911 post I really need help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.