1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Necessities for a basic kibble?

Discussion in 'Foods, Treats & Home Recipes.' started by Ashmash, Jul 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ashmash

Ashmash Hi, I'm New Here!

I'm looking into making some sort of basic kibble or two that I could feed every night and supplement with various fresh foods. What I need to know is what would need to be in it so that if I ever ran out of time to add fresh foods, they wouldn't be missing any key nutrients. Like a protien source, a calcium source, nuts, etc...Any tips?

2. keris hermies

keris hermies "Third Molt In Progress"

You could always get a dechorhyfrater (Sorry 4 spellig) & try your fresh fruit that way you will always have somethin handy.If you need so ideas go to epicureanhermit.com - Recipes Hope it helps.

3. silver616

silver616 "Preparing For Second Molt"

For my main food dish I use a combination of Hikari Bio Pure freeze-dried foods (brine shrimp, daphnia, tubifex worms, and plankton) mixed with spirulina powder and a calcium source (I rotate crushed oyster shell, crushed cuttlebone, and calcium powder) and occassionally give them Top Fin Large Freeze-Dried Medley with seaweed (soaked in dechlorinated salt water) and a calcium source. I also provide another food nightly...some kind of "treat" from the safe food list.

4. Switchblade_Brigade

Switchblade_Brigade "First Molt, A Success"

I use a mix of eggs, egg shells, white oak bark, carrots, and bananas as the basic food and mix random other hermie-friendlie foods with it each day for variety and extra nutrients.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.