1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NC hermit crab adopter...

Discussion in 'Adopt A Hermie - Save A Life, Adopt A Hermit Crab.' started by lmentries, Nov 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lmentries

lmentries Hi, I'm New Here!

...would love to take care of any hermit crabs that need a good home! Currently have 10 and would gladly take more ;) i offer organic foods from the hermit crab addiction store and offer treated fresh and salt water - as well as having a great tank setup they LOVE ;)

please let me know if i can help,
    lydia ;)

2. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

Hey I know you ;) actually I think I am losing my job and was thinking of downsizing but...............no decsions have been made :( amazing what one day to the next brings--hubby said GREAT we cant move now LOLOLOL

3. momof2hermi_bashfull

momof2hermi_bashfull "First Molt In Progress"

Sorry to hear that Hermez, I know how much you love your babies (even the evil E's) Wish there was a way I could help you out. It never a good feeling to think you are about to lose your job, and especially now with the economy the way it is. Three of my parent's (there's a step mom added to the mix) worked for IBM, my mom had took a vending offer when they were downsizing, my step mom took the buyout; and my dad still works there however, had taken a small reduction in pay (not that it made any differences) LOL. He still has offices around the world, and travels often, biggest change is that instead of leaving to work, he go upstairs to his office. LOL I my self haven't been able to work in 2 almost 2.5 years due to medical issues (so money is kindof tight, but I manage) but even with my Associates degree I can't seem to get back into the work force, I am hoping I will be able once I complete my Bachelors. Good luck, and will keep you in my thoughts.

4. lmentries

oh no!! i'm so sorry!!! we are struggling financially too! i think everyone is.
    that's why i like the hermit crabs - they don't cost much to keep EVEN if you spoil them! if you have to give some away - let me know and maybe i can take them - then you can still come and see them. but i really hope you don't have to give them away - i know you really love them :)

my husband and i were just saying the same thing - life is just not getting any easier is it?

will pray for you,
    lmentries ;)

5. lmentries

update!!!

i still am willing to adopt unwanted hermit crabs in NC. i now have a 75 gallon tank (thanks hermez!), a 20 gallon long, and several 10 gallons devoted to hermit crabs. i have 16 hermit crabs currently, and will soon have 22.

please let me know if i can rehome any crabs in NC.

thanks,
    LMentries :):D

6. shanbeach

shanbeach Hi, I'm New Here!

Hi, can you tell me where you are located? I am in Havelock NC. I have 3 hermit crabs that are looking for new homes...can you help???

Thanks,
    Shannon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.