1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nature Zone Moist Hermit Crab Bites

Discussion in 'Foods, Treats & Home Recipes.' started by kuplakrabs, Nov 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kuplakrabs

kuplakrabs "Second Molt, A Success"

Has anyone tried these? I found them at www.petdiscounters.com and have been thinking about ordering them. I emailed Steve and he confirmed there is no ethoxyquin in them. They seem to have quite a few of the things the crabbies would like.

This was Steve's response to my email
    <span class="ev_code_GREEN">>>It has nearly fifty different ingredients in it, so I will just list the
    >> major ones. Soy protein concentrate, corn meal, whey protein isolate,
    >> dried
    >> carrot, dextrose, soybean meal, bone meal, brewer's yeast, kelp powder,
    >> carrageenan, locust bean gum, whole egg powder, dried coconut flakes,
    >> coconut flavor, and a large number of what appear to be vitamins and
    >> supplements.
    >>
    >> Thanks for your inquiry.
    >>
    >> Steve
    >> PETdiscounters.com
    </span>

http://www.petdiscounters.com/customer/product.php?productid=1086018&cat=270&page=1

2. SuperMom

SuperMom "First Molt In Progress"

[​IMG]I haven't yet, but I just ordered the hermit crab fruit salad.

Thanks for sharing.

3. kuplakrabs

I'm also thinking about getting the Cricket Bites, they look like they have some great ingredients too.

Cricket Total Bites

Feed, water and gutload crickets and other feeder insects in one easy step. High in protein, with more than 15 vitamins, minerals and nutrients such as dandelion leaf, kelp, spirulina, and brewers yeast. Moist and ready to eat, these morsels may be considered a "leaf in a jar."

You can request a free sample of the cricket bites as well as some of the other Nature Zone "Bites" by visiting their website at www.naturezonepet.com I have had a problem with the site processing my request, but they offered this email addy to make the request also. fern@naturezonepet.com

4. Eric

Eric "First Molt, A Success"

Thanks for sharing the great tip Wendy. I am going to try and get some Sample's.

Cappa [​IMG]

5. Eric

Wendy,

I had to ask. Forgive me if this is a dumb question. Are you feeding the Hermie's the cricket bites or do you have hungry crickets? Lol. I know that they are scavengers (Hermies) so just wondering. I will have to check out the ingredients more, I think that would be a good idea. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cappa

6. kuplakrabs

No crickets here LOL! I think the cricket bites might be good for the hermies since they contain dandelion, spirulina, kelp and brewers yeast. These are all items that can be safely fed to the hermies. The last 3 items are also ingredients in T-Rex's Crab Island food-which is a fantastic, complete food for the crabs.

7. CudaCrabby

CudaCrabby "Preparing For First Molt"

[​IMG] [​IMG]Thats awsome thanks tons for sharring Kupla, i didnt know dandelion was safe for hermies. [​IMG]

8. kuplakrabs

Cappa,
    Did you ever get any samples? I was just scanning the forums and realized I never got a response from the email I sent them requesting a sample.

9. Eric

Wendy,

If my memory serves me correctly, which it usually does - I did not recieve a response either. No samples here either. My hermies enjoy the roasted seaweed you gave them though.

[​IMG]

I for sure have to buy some of that Cricket meal was it?

Cappa

10. Ally

Ally (Micro Crab)

Hmm...I bet my turtle would like the Cricket Bites too. Of course, she might prefer having crickets gut-loaded on Cricket Bites.

One of the best things about the turtle is that most of the stuff I feed her, can also be fed to the hermies, and vice versa. It's harder to find turtle food w/o ethoxyquin than it is to find hermie food w/o it, though.

11. kuplakrabs

I have been wondering what all of the ingredients were in this product, so I decided to order some to find out. It seems none of the web sites list the ingredients [​IMG], so I thought I would make them known to those of you considering purchasing this product.
    After reading them all, I was less excited about purchasing this particular food. I'm hoping Kerie will take a peek at the list and give us some input [​IMG]

Nature Zone Hermit Crab Moist Bites
    List of Ingredients:
    Soy protein concentrate, corn meal, whey protein isolate, dried carrot, dextrose, soybean meal, bone meal [​IMG], brewers yeast, kelp powder, carrageenan, locust bean gum, whole egg powder, dried coconut flakes, coconut flavor, calcium lactate, potassium sorbate, citric acid, tricalcium phosphate, vitamin premix (dexstrose, maltodextrin, ascorbic acid, dicalcium pantothenate, niacin, riboflavin, dialphatocopherol acetate, thiamin HCL, folic acid, pyrodoxine HCL, fish liver oil, chloecalciferol, biotin, betacarotene, canthaxanthin, zeaxanthin, cyanocobalamine), titanium oxide, methylparaben, water sufficient for processing.

Crude Protein min 4.0%
    Crude Fat min 0.5%
    Crude Fiber max 1.0%
    Moisture max 78%

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.