1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

natural cork bark

Discussion in 'Product Reviews.' started by crablover, Oct 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crablover

crablover Hi, I'm New Here!

well i just gave my hermies some natural cork bark for them to clim on and they love it even my hermie who doesent climb that much was up on it so whoever doesent have it i would recommend it to everyone its just so cool

2. SuperMom

SuperMom "First Molt In Progress"

[​IMG] I use it sometimes mine loved it when I first put it in their tank. [​IMG] then after awhile only a few climbed on it. [​IMG] Now when I clean the tank every week i move stuff around and every few cleanings I put it in for the week. That way it's like a new toy to them when it's in and sure enough the first couple days it's in most of them climb up it. [​IMG]

3. ReganShaw

ReganShaw "Preparing For First Molt"

Sounds like a good idea. Where can you get it?

4. SuperMom

[​IMG]We have a little reptile store that carries it in 12 x 12 sheets. Other than that I'm not sure but would love to where else cuz the pet stores usually cost more. [​IMG]

5. kuplakrabs

kuplakrabs "Second Molt, A Success"

6. SuperMom

Thanks Kulpa, the stuff I use is more of a pressed cork and it comes in sheets that you put on the glass of the tank [​IMG]

7. kuplakrabs

I think the black jungle site had that too...I'll have to go back and look. I think they had some listed as cork tiles.

They are listed as cork panels...is that what you have Supermom?

8. SuperMom

[​IMG]I really like that log looking cork. oh it's late you know what I mean. [​IMG]

9. CudaCrabby

CudaCrabby "Preparing For First Molt"

[​IMG]Hermies love natural cork bark, if ya do get some try to get the non compresed type like in the link to Blackjungle that i had posted under the moss thread, also they not only like to climb on it but eat at it as well, what ya can do is make sure to wash it real well and try to bake it till dry, once ya know your hermies like it you can also spray it once in awhile with your salt water mix and they really go crazy for that.. [​IMG]

10. SuperMom

[​IMG] Thanks Cuda, I am making a list of everything I need to get. hehe [​IMG]

11. kuplakrabs

Just got my order from black jungle! LOVE the cork tubes! I bought two and they are huge! 12 inches long and the one is big enough for my large hermies to go inside the other is big enough for my jumbos to get in! They were 6.99 each and then they also offer 10% off on your first order! See site for details.

I also got the virgin cork plaque 3 (4"x12") pieces. Each piece is cut straight so that you can piece them together to form an incredible climbing wall! The backs are flat-so you can stick them right to the tank wall with sealant.

12. kuplakrabs

I just wanted to update and tell everyone what a success the cork bark tunnels have been with my hermies.

I have constructed a "tunnel system" underneath the substrate for them and they love it. Plus it adds more surface area for them to walk on. I am going to get some pics posted in the next few days.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.